How do I delete my 'default' email account and re-install? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I delete my 'default' email account and re-install?

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Gooner9 is on a distinguished road
    Level

How do I delete my 'default' email account and re-install?

Hi, I have a problem with 3G data usage - going way over. I've installed TrafficStats and can't see anything going over - I've been told that it could be my email being set up wrong but I can't find how to delete the account and start again, any help or ideas welcomed.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Your intitial e-mail, you mean the google one that is needed for the phone to run properly? If you want to remove the e-mail I think the only way is to carry out a factory reset of the phone. Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Reset.

It could be a number of things using the data. You may also want to try Juice Defender which allows you to control your data usage.

You may also want to try unticking the Auto Sync in Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync. Does depend on how many accounts you have setup.

Good luck.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    Hi ,

thanks for the reply, it's not my google mail but another one - for work.
    I've got juice defender and have the auto-sync unticked, I just can't find how to delete the mail account and begin again,
    thanks again,

Achievements:
    Level
    Update - I found it!
    I opened the email, clicked on the name next to inbox - pressed and held on the account - then selected 'delete account'!!
    they don't make it easy....

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Just go into accounts and sync. click the account you want to remove.

You'll see all the options for syncing and at the bottom the option to remove.

edit: How dare you find out how to do it while I'm typing my message. That is just ungrateful
    Last edited by Doomed; 12-19-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information