Thread: Blank/Black screen

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    micky1091 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Blank/Black screen

Hi i droped my phone on a night out and now it wont work . the buttons at the bottom light up and it makes a noise when i put it on charge and switch it off but the screen does nothing at all. can anyone help. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    If you can't see anything on the display then your screen may be screwed. If you can het your hands on a MHL adaptor then you should be able to hook up the phone to a TV to see if it is working.

How long have you had the phone and do you have insurance?

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    Can I clarify, when you put it on charge, that's when the buttons light up and it makes a noise?

What happens when you try and switch it on, what noise does it make when you charge it and have you tried removing the battery for a few minutes?

I take it the screen is not obviously damaged.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    micky1091 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    i have insurance but its happened in the first two weeks of my policy so i dont know if i can claim, or iv i wait till the two weeks is over if they will accept my claim. no the screen isnt damaged at all, the buttons light up when you press the home button like they normally would.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    If you think your phone is turned on try ringing it and see what happens.

When you charge your phone while off, I take it a battery charging symbol doesn't appear.

If broken I'd send it off to the insurance or send it back to the shop if it doesn't look damaged.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    KenzieSummer is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by micky1091 View Post
    Hi i droped my phone on a night out and now it wont work . the buttons at the bottom light up and it makes a noise when i put it on charge and switch it off but the screen does nothing at all. can anyone help. Thanks
    I have the exact same problem. I have the original Galaxy, I think. It's the one with the sliding keyboard. Is there any way to answer the phone with the sliding keyboard instead of the touchscreen?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    If you go to Menu > Settings > Accessibility > Call answering/ending > tick 'Answering Key' (use the home key to answer calls) & 'The Power Key ends calls'

This option is on my SGS3 but should be on most firmwares.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    thedeester1 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    It may be possible that you have just dislodged the screen cable if the phone got a good jolt. Remove the back and at the top off the phone there is a cicuit board. Check all the plugs are tight on the sockets. The galaxy s screen is very robust. If you cant actually see any damage then its quite unlikely its broken. Hope your in luck. If the screen isnt broke this will take 10 minutes to fix.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information