Transferring video from phone to computer - Help! - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transferring video from phone to computer - Help!

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    nightfalls is on a distinguished road
    Level

Transferring video from phone to computer - Help!

Hi,
    I知 not new to transferring video back and forth from phone to computer, but I知 baffled right now. I videoed my son nativity play today which I set to record on the phone memory and recording was completed using .mp4 which I can play back with no problem on the phone. The total video is approx 15 min and 2.4 GB. I then tried to transfer it to my computer using both Kies and copy and paste and they both transferred a file that was unable to be played. I have video converting software that can稚 recognise the file either! I知 total lost as to why it is happened.
    Does anyone have any suggestions that may help??

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    I think the problem you had was when you used Kies, it converts some things while transferring. Just transfer the mp4 straight to PC using mass storage mode

Menu > Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings

Also check out my Media thread on various ways of getting media on and off the phone.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    nightfalls is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I'll try that, thanks...I reply with the outcome.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    If it still doesn't work, your pc video codecs may need updating. Also download and install Vlc player, it's free and one of the best players
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    ancient geek is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Think Kies converts mp4 to 3gp unless you deselect it?

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    bbbabynet is on a distinguished road
    Level
    This happened to me too. It don't matter if you use kies or not... the phone corrupted the video. If you record a video in high quality and they are longer then five minutes, there is a very good chance you will only be able to see them in the phone and even then.... before they finish you will get an error. I've updated the phone but still the problem exsists. If you set the phone at 720-480 it works better but sometimes it screws up too. Bottom line..... the camera sucks

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    marvinsolomon is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Just use USB cable to connect your computer and phone, and then select the storage mode, and then find your video.
    Another way, use some three-part software called Android Video Transfer running on your computer to transfer videos from phone to computer.
    More details visit: http://www.recovery-android.com
    Last edited by marvinsolomon; 04-12-2013 at 05:15 AM.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information