mobile network not available problem - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mobile network not available problem

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1 year registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    ehe12 is on a distinguished road
    Level

mobile network not available problem

thing's very wierd. IMEI can be seen,everything is fine, when plugged in my orange sim card it just said "mobile network not available". The signal strength is fine and can be seen. I tried an O2 sim card, a talktalk (vodafone) sim card and they both worked fine. both of my 2 orange sim cards didn't work on this phone, but they worked fine on my other 2 phones.

latest update, just flashed orange stock rom KJ4, got the same problem.

tried manually connect to orange, got notice that "unable to connect, try later".

some more detail:
    every time when I flashed a new rom, always a notice saying "can't access to "/system/csc/ORA/system/". Tried *#272*imei#, there was no optional CSC available.
    does anyone know how to repair it? thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    It could be your APN settings or the Orange sim card that's not working any more. Does this sim card have 3G on the face of it?
    You can get the APN settings from Orange or do a Google search.
    Get Orange to send you out a new sim card.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    solarj is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Same problem here, only one specific operator does not register with SGS2, other operators have no problem. Since sim cards from other operators also experience strange behavior when register towards this problematic operator on SGS2, I guess it is this operators information corrupted in the phone, but this corrupted information stored at somewhere that can not be touched by the normal flash process, so no matter how many times you flash the phone, the problem still exists

Any solution yet?
    Last edited by solarj; 01-27-2012 at 01:00 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information