Thread: import photos

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    bao-lou is on a distinguished road
    Level

import photos

OK Im pretty new to this so scuse me if I waffle a bit but Ive taken loads of photos and imported them to my pc,got 291 photos to import but when the box comes up on the pc asking to import it says that it has only found 3 photos/videos,now i tried importing just these 3 and 2 of them were corrupted and the other one was a photo that was taken somewhere in the middle of the 291 other photos...random or what?
    Ive tried the different media to import and now I dont even get the "import" box display on the pc...I always used the usb cable supplied with the phone and have tried different cables and usb ports..still no go.Tried importing photos from my Panasonic camera and no problems at all so I guess that there is a prob with the phone???
    Just one other strange thing ..before I took this last round of photos I uploaded one of the last lot of photos to facebook(succesfully) and then found out that all my other photos had been deleted...arrgh and I never ticked the box asking me to "erase after importing"..as you might guess im a bit flumoxed to say the least....have you guys got any solutions?would be much appreciated Im sure its easy but im a bit stuck for what to do.
    PS I even tried this KIES thing but it seems a bit confusing to me...be gentle with me guys and gals
    Thanks....Bao-lou and I look forward to the response/s

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    CarlB will become famous soon enough CarlB will become famous soon enough CarlB's Avatar
    Level
    I dont click on the pop up box when I connect to pc..
    Once connected i go to the windows logo bottom left of dock.. click on that, then click documents. On the left should be 2 icons removable disc (f) removable disc(g)
    Removable disc f is your phones internal memory click on it then scroll down to DCIM click on it and you should see... camera thumbnails..... your pictures should be in camera, if you click thumbnails then you should see your pictures plus wallpapers etc.
    That's how mine stores things so I hope that helps.

Carl.
    Galaxy S, AOKP port 4.03 ICS
    Galaxy S2.... Alliance Rom
    Galaxy S3 ...Stock

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    bao-lou is on a distinguished road
    Level

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CarlB View Post
    I dont click on the pop up box when I connect to pc..
    Once connected i go to the windows logo bottom left of dock.. click on that, then click documents. On the left should be 2 icons removable disc (f) removable disc(g)
    Removable disc f is your phones internal memory click on it then scroll down to DCIM click on it and you should see... camera thumbnails..... your pictures should be in camera, if you click thumbnails then you should see your pictures plus wallpapers etc.
    That's how mine stores things so I hope that helps.

Carl.
    thanks Carl,I will be trying that though Ive never had to go that way round before,does this mean that even though there is usually a pop up box that tells me that there is x amount of photos to import that box now doesnt appear once ive connected the phone via usb and that all my photos have already been imported and will appear in "documents"?Perhaps I should mention that my phone is a galaxy s11

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    CarlB will become famous soon enough CarlB will become famous soon enough CarlB's Avatar
    Level
    Your computer hasn't already imported the pics, it's just recognised the drive and they can be accessed.. I used to have the same problem as you, when i used to click on the pop up box it would only recognise a few pictures or a few wallpaper, it seemed to just randomly throw a few up..lol I have the S2 also so it should be the same.
    Oh yeah.. almost forgot.. when you've navigated to your file (DCIM camera) right click on camera > copy, then click where you want to store, right click again> copy

Carl.
    Last edited by CarlB; 11-30-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    Galaxy S, AOKP port 4.03 ICS
    Galaxy S2.... Alliance Rom
    Galaxy S3 ...Stock

6. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information