Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Graceylou is on a distinguished road
    Level

App store....it wont load!

Hi All.
    I had my lovely new phone delivered this morning! I am so happy with it, having had a blackberry before which I am glad to see the back of!
    However, when I clicked on the 'app shop' link on the home screen to start browsing and downloading apps, I got a message that said

'sorry, app shop cannot currently connect. If you are using wifi, please disable this mode which is not currently supported. If not, please re try when in good GSM coverage area'

I have turned off the wifi, and still got the same message. I cant understand it as everything else seems to be working ok.
    Any ideas????

Grace

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Have you set up a google account yet? if not you will need to, to access the market and download. When you have done that, if you still get the same error message it could be the google servers are down. You can access the market over a wifi connection.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Marshmallow has a spectacular aura about Marshmallow has a spectacular aura about
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceylou View Post
    'sorry, app shop cannot currently connect. If you are using wifi, please disable this mode which is not currently supported. If not, please re try when in good GSM coverage area'
    That doesn't sound like Google Market - it doesn't call itself an "app shop" and it most definitely supports wifi. Could you be clicking on a carrier specific app store? The real one is called Market and has an icon like a shopping bag with a green android figure in the bottom right.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information