Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Jackie K is on a distinguished road
    Level

Help! Icons

Can anyone help?
    I have three Icons in the top left of my screen, one is a briefcase/shopping bag with down arrow (prob something to do with an app I downloaded this morning) and two are Samsung App icons.

1) What do they mean?
    2) Do I have to do any thing with them? If so what and how?
    3) How do I get rid of them?

The Samsung Apps said something on my phone about security as they were not purchased from the Android market, but they were already installed on my phone when purchased.

Sorry first time of owning and android phone and dont want to blow the thing up!

Thanks

Jackie

PS this site has been a great help when customising the phone

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Pull down the notification bar, if you don't know what it is then look in the manual.

The briefcase icon is an update for an app and the other 2 are probably notifications that you have installed apps.

You will get a lot more icons on your notification bar, hence the title.

edit: The notification bar allows you to click on the notification and it will take you to what it notifies you about. It also allows you to clear the icon.

The only way you're going to blow up the phone is to use explosives. Don't be afraid of your phone.

Next time the phone warns you about something, read it, then post back. If the phone is 'brand' new then it will not have a problem with pre-installed apps.

edit2: You may want to read some of the things on THIS THREAD, has guides and tips etc.
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 11-14-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Jackie K is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Thanks - just a little wary after locking the last phone and having to do a factory restore - not bad considering I'd only had the thing 4 hours.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information