How to clear Cache? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to clear Cache?

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    nsurendiran is on a distinguished road
    Level

How to clear Cache?

Is there anyway I can clear cache, say after download an app from Market, install and uninstall it?

tks
    Suren

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Select the app you want > Clear Memory?

Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Hi,

I did navigate "Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Select the app you want " till this point. Next to this I could see "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache" buttons. For mOst of the apps, Clear Cache is disabled and only Clear Data is enabled.

What is the impact if I click "Clear Data"? what data will be cleared here?

Dont say give it a try ;-))

Thanks
    Suren

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    The 'Clear Data' will clear any data since the app has been installed, user data and high scores etc. Don't think it will clear saved games though.

If you want to locate where the data is installed check the following structures:

/sdcard/data
    /sdcard/android
    /sdcard/gameloft (or Glu depending on who manufactured the app)

Achievements:
    Level
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have not installed any games yet. I have checked my emails, browse thru the Android market app, used maps, GPS, photo editor, Accu weather, News & weather.

I think now something is screwed up. I have cleared Data for some of the apps and Force stop some of the apps from the "Manage Applications" -> All
    Now I have lost my Wall paper and not able to set one. I am getting the wallpaper only for my Lock screen not for my home screen. Instead I am getting the default SGSII wallpaper image. :-(

I think I have done too much for the day?

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks in advance

Suren

Rebooted the phone, working fine now. Pls IGNORE the above query
    Last edited by nsurendiran; 11-14-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Found the solution

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold
    Level
    Haha I think you're tinkering a bit too much. You only really need to clear data if that app is misbehaving, I had to do it for contacts once but made sure everything was synced to google so my contacts reappeared shortly afterwards.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurendiran View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have not installed any games yet. I have checked my emails, browse thru the Android market app, used maps, GPS, photo editor, Accu weather, News & weather.

I think now something is screwed up. I have cleared Data for some of the apps and Force stop some of the apps from the "Manage Applications" -> All
    Now I have lost my Wall paper and not able to set one. I am getting the wallpaper only for my Lock screen not for my home screen. Instead I am getting the default SGSII wallpaper image. :-(

I think I have done too much for the day?

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks in advance

Suren

Rebooted the phone, working fine now. Pls IGNORE the above query
    Mark22 is right, if you haven't really installed any apps then you should not need to kill any. Plus you will have maybe 10 to 23 apps running in the background that your phone requires just to operate.

There is a solution to your wallpaper problem. The wallpapers that came with the SGSII are basically an application (.apk install file), install the Wallpapers.apk and you should be fine....the problem is finding the Wallpapers.apk that came with your SGSII.

Tbh I would just go Google Images and find some new ones. I have a resource page which has around 50 wallpapers, all 800x960 contained in a zip.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    sabzee is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi...I too am faced with the same problem. Ive tried to clear some space as suggest by clearing all the cache space but it hasn't helped much. Of the 3.94GB used, miscellaneous file occupies 2.23GB with my apps taking up only 739MB. Please help!!

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    If you don't know how the data got there (apps, games), you could try a factory reset and format your phone memory. Then add your apps back. Backup any data you need before you start because you'll lose it all.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    alicepattinson is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I agree with @Doomed, a reset is the last choice so make sure to back up everything.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information