+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Youtube Video Quality

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    Asam92 is on a distinguished road

Youtube Video Quality

Hey Everyone

Just got my Galaxy S yesterday and so far it is going great except for one thing.
    Is anyone else watching youtube video and they are seriously bad quality, I thought this might be because it was using the Sim Card, I just thought that it may work better through WiFi but I cant check at the moment cuz I dont have my phone on me, however I just checked on my friends iPod Touch using local WiFi and the same video comes through alot clearer.
    Is it because it was through WiFi instead?
    Is there a way to increase the amount of mb being used when streamed? It doesnt matter to me as my current plan gives me unlimited Social Sites usage, ie Youtube Facebook etc.
    Is there anyother way to make the youtube videos clearer? Seeing as this is supposed to be the best screen on the market, I want it to show that it is.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Happy Galaxy S Owner
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    TheLuckys has a spectacular aura about TheLuckys has a spectacular aura about TheLuckys has a spectacular aura about TheLuckys's Avatar
    Level
    On mobile networks the Youtube application defaults to normal quality for playing video's. You can press the menu key, select more and then "Play in High Quality" when you want to play the video in High Quality. On Wi-Fi connections the Youtube application automatically selects High Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuckys View Post
    On mobile networks the Youtube application defaults to normal quality for playing video's. You can press the menu key, select more and then "Play in High Quality" when you want to play the video in High Quality. On Wi-Fi connections the Youtube application automatically selects High Quality.
    Thanks for that
    I also have a friend who has an iPhone (bleh!!!) and he wants to do the same thing ie change quality settings. You wouldnt know how to do the same on that too would you? I know it is a long shot, most people who have Android it is because they dislike Apple, iPhones and Leapord OS. I know I do.

Thanks Again

Happy Galaxy S Owner
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    TheLuckys has a spectacular aura about TheLuckys has a spectacular aura about TheLuckys has a spectacular aura about TheLuckys's Avatar
    Level
    Not really possible on iPhone... If you jailbreaked your iPhone you could use mxTube, which gives you a bit more quality.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class31 days registered
    saldawop is on a distinguished road
    Level
    If the iPhone is jailbroken, get 3G Unrestricter from Cydia. You can then add Youtube to the list of apps and it will trick the phone into thinking it is connected via wifi.Works very well.

so in other words, another reason why SGS is better than iPhone? is that a correct assumption?
    In other words, on Galaxy you can change the settings of the video quality but not on iPhone?
    Also, does the quality change dramtically between Default 3G Youtube and Default WiFi youtube? IE Does High and Low Quality have a big difference?
    Does the 3G default to Low Quality or Medium etc?

Thank you

Licking windows
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Asam92 View Post
    Also, does the quality change dramtically between Default 3G Youtube and Default WiFi youtube? IE Does High and Low Quality have a big difference?
    The difference between default quality and high quality in the YouTube app on the SGS is huge. I find the default quality useless. High quality looks great!
    Samsung Galaxy S ::: Insanity ROM ::: SanDisk 32GB microSD card

cool, thats exactly what I wanted to hear.
    I will check it out when i get home.
    Lucky for me cuz whats the point of having unlimited youtube useage if it looks like crap. Thats a load off my mind
    Thanks everyone for their input.

ok, I have finally got to get my hands on the best phone i have ever used. I have cant see any menu's to make the quality better, is it inside the youtube app or is it a phone setting, or even is it inside the Network settings?
    Also, the WiFi seems to be the same quality as the 3g/2g setting
    Thanks

Junior Member Dameetz is on a distinguished road
    Select the video you want to watch, then touch the left soft key, which will bring up some menu, select 'More', then you can see option for 'High Quality'.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information