overcharging battery? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: overcharging battery?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points
    Piterski has a spectacular aura about Piterski has a spectacular aura about Piterski has a spectacular aura about Piterski's Avatar
    Level

overcharging battery?

Hi!
    Just wonder if there is a real threat of overcharging battery? I get this repeating message when is 100% full, I googled quickly and it looks like this is a Li-Pol wet battery and it can rupture if overcharged? Anyone can comment on this?
    Shame especially that it does charge awfully long compared to iPhone 3G for example and it would be much easier just leave it connected overnight..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

fake Mọderator
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level
    that constant battery notice is really scary, however on all of my phones that also use a li po battery, ive never heard of anyone having serious problems, still i usually unplug it when it starts beeping every 2 minutes alerting me
    .____________...___________./l、
    ...add me [= .......____________...(゚、 。 7
    .......h3artlessjerk@hotmail.com .  l、 ~ヽ
    .............._______________............... じしf_, )ノ

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points
    itsnoiphone will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Oops I allways charge mine overnight.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    craig_b is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I think its a common thing for people to charge their phones overnight. Ive not had a problem with any previous phones though...

Happy Galaxy S Owner
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    TheLuckys has a spectacular aura about TheLuckys has a spectacular aura about TheLuckys has a spectacular aura about TheLuckys's Avatar
    Level
    The phone detects a full battery (it displays the message), so it'll probably stop charging the battery after that (rerouting the input power to just powering the phone).
    Anyways, I charge my battery every night, and I don't have any problems.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points
    Piterski has a spectacular aura about Piterski has a spectacular aura about Piterski has a spectacular aura about Piterski's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLuckys View Post
    The phone detects a full battery (it displays the message), so it'll probably stop charging the battery after that
    Thanks everyone for answers, what TheLuckys say appears on the web as well, so I think I will take my chances from now on

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Been letting mine charge overnight, saw this thread and decided to look at the phone info, with the phone plugged in I get battery status fall and level 100% with no charging sign.

Phone hasn't exploded yep
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    ECaronan is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I've been charging my phone overnight as well with no issues. If you go to Settings > About Phone > Status, On the top it says "Battery Status". After the phone tells you that the battery is 100% this should say Not Charging.

Achievements:
    Level
    I just quickly looked ad Android System Info - battery shows as Li-Ion (it is G7) in which case I'm 100% safe, of course if the soft is right

11. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information