My Galaxy got wet! - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Galaxy got wet!

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Windymiller is on a distinguished road
    Level

My Galaxy got wet!

My Galaxy dropped out of my pocket into a sink of water but I plucked it out immediately and dried it out.
    Since then, everything seems to work fine but when I make a call the recipient can't hear me but I can here them.
    Could it be the microphone is knackered, if so what can I do about it?

WM

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    It's possible for moisture to remain with in the phone's internals.Especially where there are holes like the loudspeaker or mic hole etc. The best thing you could do is probably claim on insurance? Remember some bank accounts have mobile phone insurance as free service....usually the bank charges a monthly fee of around £6, if so then you should register your device.

It's possible that you could fix it yourself, if the parts are available and I have guide on another thread on how to disassemble an SGS.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks for that Tufftoad, I will look for your thread on how to disassemble my phone and then leave all the parts on a radiator for a couple of hours and see if that works!

WM

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    I would leave it for a day to be honest. Do you have an airing cupboard or somewhere which gets warm but dry? If not put a tea towel between the phone and the radiator.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tufftoad For This Useful Post:

Windymiller (11-02-2011)

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    geeyesgee is on a distinguished road
    Level
    On such an eventuality, you should remove the battery immediately and wipe out thoroughly. Ensure that there are no droplets are there. Try to disassemble as much as possible and keep it in a warm and dry place for 2 - 3 days. Then try your luck after assembling it. Most of the time it should work. If it doesn't, don't fiddle with it. Take it to an authorised dealer for servicing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to geeyesgee For This Useful Post:

Windymiller (11-02-2011)

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    As I understand it, relating to the above advice, the problems start when the water dries out and the solubles form a connection between the closely spaced parts on the circuit boards, causing malfunction and failure.

So, it's not the getting it wet that kills it, it's not drying it out properly and using it wet that causes the problems.

Then again, I could be wrong...

Similar thread >HERE< from March, just ignore the buffoons on that thread.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 37
    purple123 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    yeh i have had the same kinda problem but everything works ok but the return button and the one next to it doesnt work , they light up and when i press them they look as if they are working but they dont , my phone also makes a weird vibrating noise :S .... please help

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by purple123 View Post
    yeh i have had the same kinda problem but everything works ok but the return button and the one next to it doesnt work , they light up and when i press them they look as if they are working but they dont , my phone also makes a weird vibrating noise :S .... please help
    If you mean your SGS has been soaked then how long ago? If it happened a while ago then you need a new device, can you claim on insurance?

Maybe you should take it to a Samsung Service Centre and see what they can do.

Achievements:
    Level
    Since I got my phone dried out, I performed a factory reset and restored all my apps and contacts, everything seemed ok for a while but today I was receiving a call and my caller reported that he couldn't hear me ... the problem has returned!
    What I can't understand is "Voice Recorder" works ok which indicates the mic is working, so how is it the mic doesn't work when making or receiving a call?

WM

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 37
    ichanne.love is on a distinguished road
    Level
    what do i need to do im in a virgin mobile plan then last night i drop my phone on the water the i quickly dry it out but when i tried to open it its not turning on (

14. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information