Thread: Cant send video???

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    budgie22 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Cant send video???

Hi all,Just bought the sgs2 and cant seem to send videos to other mobile phones.Keep getting a message showing (Video file to large).Hmm this might be a silly question but here i go.How the heck do i shrink the file.I take it that the file is ment to be MMS? is this correct and ifso how can i change it over.I was told once that you dont need a long neck to be a goose.(Starting to think that im that GOOSE).Thanks all..cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

ROM Modder
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    DSA is a jewel in the rough DSA is a jewel in the rough DSA is a jewel in the rough DSA's Avatar
    Level
    Just to clarify, are you trying to send it over 3g or wifi?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    Rich Holder is on a distinguished road
    Level
    MMS carries a limit as too how big the file can be. You could either bluetooth directly to another device or upload to youtube and SMS a link to another phone.....

Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah sending over 3g.Just want to send a sms message to friends along with a video.There to far away to bluetooth and there must be an faster way than going through youtube.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie22 View Post
    Hi all,Just bought the sgs2 and cant seem to send videos to other mobile phones.Keep getting a message showing (Video file to large).Hmm this might be a silly question but here i go.How the heck do i shrink the file.I take it that the file is ment to be MMS? is this correct and ifso how can i change it over.I was told once that you dont need a long neck to be a goose.(Starting to think that im that GOOSE).Thanks all..cheers.
    For smaller files you could use an internet messenger app like Whatsapp etc.

If you want to share larger video files you may be better off uploading them to online storage like Dropbox and then sharing a link where people can downlaod directly from the internet?

Edit: Adao File Manager allows you to create zip files, you could compress the files then send. Just have to make sure that anyone you send it too can uncompress the file.
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 11-01-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thank for all your advice guys.With dropbox is that a app i can get on my phone.Sorry not to smart when it comes to this stuff so please no nasty comments.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie22 View Post
    Thank for all your advice guys.With dropbox is that a app i can get on my phone.Sorry not to smart when it comes to this stuff so please no nasty comments.
    Dropbox is a website you can view on the PC at home, they also have an Android App, just search on the market place.

You get 2gb of online storage.

When you upload a video you can then long press the video file on the Dropbox app and then share > copy link. You can then paste the link in Whatsapp or gmail and the person receiving the mail clicks the link and gets a direct download from the internet.

Achievements:
    Level
    Oh ok thanks for that guys.Makes a lot more sence to me now.Thay say that the sgs2 is a smartphone and here i was starting to think that my old LG KP500 was god dam (brilliant) because it could do it without any trouble.Anyway i have takin your advice tufftoad and thanks guys for taking the time to answer my question.Been a great help.Take care all.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information