[SGS II] My Galaxy s2 keeps rebooting over and over ! - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Galaxy s2 keeps rebooting over and over !

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    3bod is on a distinguished road
    Level

My Galaxy s2 keeps rebooting over and over !

i use Samsung galaxy s2 with the latest firmware version from Samsung kies (ginger bread 2.3.5) , the problem occurred after installing external SD card and move bunch of apps to it,i tried removing the external sd card from my device, the device stoped rebooting, when i insert it again the device keeps rebooting over and over, the problem is obviosley is moving apps to SD card, i tried to delete the content of the file (andro secure) in SD crad this file includes the moved applications from phone memory to external sd, the problem also stoped

its one of the two:
    1- android do not accept lots of apps in external sd
    or 2- there is a problem in a specific app in external sd which make the phone rebooting over and over but i don't know which app is causing the issue because i have lots of apps installed !

i need your help guys, my phone is totally useless without the ability of moving apps to SD card

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    3) Or it's the firmware that you updated

If you're still stuck on the boot screen then try a factory reset from the recovery menu.

If you cannot access the recovery menu then try yo get into download mode. If you can get into download mode then you can flash new firmware from Sammobile.com.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    i already did a factory reset and phone stopped rebooting, my problems is if i start moving apps to sd card the problem will occure again , this happend to me twice now !, i don't know if android 2.3.5 do not accept lots of apps to be moved to the external sd or there is a specific app causes the rebooting if it has moved to the sd card

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    Rich Holder is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Move the apps one at a time until you get the issue

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    i thought of doing that but the problems is i have 250 app in sd card lol :P, so i have to move and reboot my phone 250 times !! its not a proffesional solution however i may install another app in the future that cause the same issue !

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bod View Post
    i thought of doing that but the problems is i have 250 app in sd card lol :P, so i have to move and reboot my phone 250 times !! its not a proffesional solution however i may install another app in the future that cause the same issue !
    I think that's where your problem lies. Why do you need 250 apps, let alone storing all that data? I have about 25 max.

Not a professional solution? Why are you posting here if you are a professional who already knows what has to be done.

He's got the right idea, you have to pinpoint which app is causing the issue, therefore you have to go through them one at a time. also if you have any pirated software on your phone you may want to start with those.

Remember that smartphones are like PCs, your Pc would generally have a fit if you installed hundreds of programs.
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 11-01-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    the weird thing is i was having all those bunch of apps in my android 2.2.3 without any problems , why this problem occurred in 2.3.5 , updates suppose to fix things not ruining them

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Go back to 2.3.3 and wait for a new 2.3 release.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    is there a way to downgrade via kies because i don't know any other way

ROM Modder
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    DSA is a jewel in the rough DSA is a jewel in the rough DSA is a jewel in the rough DSA's Avatar
    Level
    nope, flash via odin (tutorial on this forum)

eta:

what the hell do you need 250 apps for? and do you HAVE to move them to sd?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information