why is my pc not reading my phone when i connect thru usb - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why is my pc not reading my phone when i connect thru usb

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    blooeyes13 is on a distinguished road
    Level

why is my pc not reading my phone when i connect thru usb

when i bought the samsung galaxy s2 on friday, i tried to connect it to my computer using the usb and it started to read it, but then i received an error message on one of the 5 parts it was trying to read. since then i have not been able to connect the phone to the computer.. what is going on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Marshmallow has a spectacular aura about Marshmallow has a spectacular aura about
    Level
    Were you trying to connect through Kies, or as USB storage?

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassTagger First Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    oly730 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by blooeyes13 View Post
    when i bought the samsung galaxy s2 on friday, i tried to connect it to my computer using the usb and it started to read it, but then i received an error message on one of the 5 parts it was trying to read. since then i have not been able to connect the phone to the computer.. what is going on?
    Connectng to PC you need dedicated program for it. Samsung provides Kies. With Kies you can connect manually by initiating it from you PC (you have to download and install it to you PC) or using Kies Air initiated from your device to get url address and open it with internet explorer by entering the url address.
    You can also using third party program MyPhoneExplorer (search it with Googleor Yahoo search engine).

As what I do know, USB direct connection won't work on Android phones, so you have to connect it via WiFi.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    grigo53 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    in settings/applications/development untick usb debug (first option). After that your pc will connect in usb mode and you will see your phone in my computer.
    I am using another language in my phone so I don't know what exacly locks like in your. Sorry.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    jimc130 will become famous soon enough jimc130 will become famous soon enough jimc130's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by oly730 View Post
    Connectng to PC you need dedicated program for it. Samsung provides Kies. With Kies you can connect manually by initiating it from you PC (you have to download and install it to you PC) or using Kies Air initiated from your device to get url address and open it with internet explorer by entering the url address.
    You can also using third party program MyPhoneExplorer (search it with Googleor Yahoo search engine).

As what I do know, USB direct connection won't work on Android phones, so you have to connect it via WiFi.
    What are you talking about...USB direct connection wont work...of course it does, and a simple "google it" will give you an answer.
    SGS I9000
    Rom: Teamhacksung's ICS Port for Galaxy S
    Android 4.0.3

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    christo is on a distinguished road
    Level

USB direct connection works fine, you don't know what your talking about. I use it every day.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    christo is on a distinguished road
    Level
    What was the error message? Which direction were you copying? Were you going to/from the sdcard?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level

You really do not know what you are talking about. You must be referring to iPhones or what use to be the problem with Windows mobile.

What do you mean by "one of the 5 parts"? Are you referring to the metal strips on the USB connector?

Try using another USB cable if you can.

Also check your settings Menu > Settings > Wireless & Network > USB :This should be the options but I only have an SGS1.

Also read my thread on different ways to transfer media between your device and the PC.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered3 months registered
    Tallis is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Skip the USB cable entirely, use AirDroid, free from the app market. I heard about it from the thread below. Awesome, much cleaner than Kies and entirely wireless.

http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/show...eplacement-app

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    Sorry, but lol at this
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information