Factory Hard Reset - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Factory Hard Reset

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points3 months registered
    mik2010 will become famous soon enough
    Level

Factory Hard Reset

If I do a factory reset will I lose my phones profiles. For example I am with Orange will I need to re register with them will it retain my tel number. I understand that I will lose my phone contacts numbers messages emails etc. But do not want to lose my Orange profiles. Also the phone came with Gingerbread 2.3.3 I updated to 2.3.4 will it reset to 2.3.3?

Anyone help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Professor Yaffle has a spectacular aura about Professor Yaffle has a spectacular aura about Professor Yaffle has a spectacular aura about
    Level
    You will not lose your number (that's governed by your SIM) or the 2.3.4 update. You can always backup your contacts to your SIM too if not done so already via the Import/Export menu option from the Contacts screen. Better still, get Titanium Backup, change its backup location to external SD card and backup everything using the various options in the Batch section of it's menu options.

Alternatively, tell us why you think you need a factory reset and someone may resolve the issue without you having to resort to such extremes.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points3 months registered
    mik2010 will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Professor Yaffie

The reason I am looking to do a Factory Reset is because my wifi connection drops off every time I connect to the Market Apps and it sometimes just hangs up. It shows a wifi signal but no connection.

I have tried wifi fix and wifi analyser to see if the wifi channels are over stretched but they are not. After wifi fix the wifi connection works but then fails minutes later.

So I am thinking of doing the factory reset to try and resolve it.

Mik2010

5. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information