Jailbreak - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jailbreak

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    alanharper76 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Jailbreak

I understand that people can jailbreak the apple iPhones. But I was wondering if it is possible to jailbreak the galaxy s to get paid apps for free too.
    I have flashed the phone to all latest updates. Ver 2.3.5 and wondered if would make easier if it could.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered250 Experience Points
    $omator will become famous soon enough $omator's Avatar
    Level
    are you aware that it is against the law?

ale be warned that some of so_called_hacked_apps got malicious code that can:

1) make your smartphone call predefined by an attacker HIGH-PAID-INFO-NUMBERS
    2) make a copy of your contacts/smses/pictures & movies
    3) get all your login/passwords you use over the phone (bank, company accces, facebook, twitter, gmail and so on)
    3) make an 1:1 copy of your phone (including for example imei and so on) - that next can be used to break the law anyhow

but if you still want to install apps downloaded from interweb (so basicly form sdcard)
    you must tick the option UNKNOWN SOURCES from settings -> applications =)
    -==- stock+ by $omator -==-

(my weed&whiskey fund)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    theTimo will become famous soon enough theTimo will become famous soon enough theTimo's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by alanharper76 View Post
    I understand that people can jailbreak the apple iPhones. But I was wondering if it is possible to jailbreak the galaxy s to get paid apps for free too.
    I have flashed the phone to all latest updates. Ver 2.3.5 and wondered if would make easier if it could.
    Well, basically that's called 'stealing'. Of course there are ways to have the apps for free, but you can't have the updates then. At least not from the Market...

Phone owners who have rooted their device, might fall for that sometimes.

And as $omator said, there are additional, more severe, threats as well.

I haven't tried coding myself, but I assume it takes a lot of studying to learn making decent and interesting apps. Therefore it feels fair to pay for the developers a couple of Euros for their work, I think.
    SGS I9000 w. 32GB SD / 1800 mAh
    X-Bean 1.0 JB (4.1.1)
    I9000XXJVT / Devil3_1.0.4 (1200 MHz)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Charaldan is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I find it pretty sad that, given that Android is an open source development market and that therefore most apps are of a minimal cost (in comparison to Apples closed shop) , that people still want to circumvent paying this minimal cost to get an app that isn't shonky and is malicious software free. If they invested the time and energies they use to try and avoid paying developers these nominal sums into working they'd earn more than enough money to obtain them properly. It's not like they're getting one over on big software companies - most app developers are small, kitchen table type operations. Just sad that's all

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964's Avatar
    Level
    I used to use pirated apps but don't anymore. I can honestly say, none of the apps on my phone are pirated.

When you think about it, pirating apps isn't much different to benefit fraud except on a smaller scale.

Alison

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 37
    purplesnippette is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Anyone want to get off their high horse and just answer the man's question? Instead of lecturing him?

Pirated apps are wrroooong. Ok. But if the Galaxy is "locked" like every other smartphone, then without a jailbreak, I will be unable to use it in Germany when I move in a couple months. I will be spending about equal time in America and Germany and will buy a SIM card when I get over there and then swap them out when I go back and forth. Without a jailbreak to unlock the phone I won't be able to do this and will be forced to purchase their competitor.

Anybody wanna lecture me on how its wrong to circumvent their nonsense in order to use my purchase the way I would like?
    Or can someone just answer the question?

tl;dr
    Is a jailbreak available?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by purplesnippette View Post
    Anyone want to get off their high horse and just answer the man's question? Instead of lecturing him?

Pirated apps are wrroooong. Ok. But if the Galaxy is "locked" like every other smartphone, then without a jailbreak, I will be unable to use it in Germany when I move in a couple months. I will be spending about equal time in America and Germany and will buy a SIM card when I get over there and then swap them out when I go back and forth. Without a jailbreak to unlock the phone I won't be able to do this and will be forced to purchase their competitor.

Anybody wanna lecture me on how its wrong to circumvent their nonsense in order to use my purchase the way I would like?

tl;dr
    From what I understand you are saying...you don't mean "jailbreak". You want to SIM-UNLOCK your handset.

And yes, sim-unlocking your handset can be done in three ways;

Acquring a sim unlock code with freeze code off your network provider, sometimes free, but they can charge you up to £30.

Or, re-writing the codes yourself manually, but this can be daunting to the average bear, you will need root access and some knowledge in HEX editing as well as some knowledge in basic linux/android. - I have done this procedure. Very simples. But depends on what user you are.

Get the Sim-unlock app off the market, need root again. This searches for the sim-unlock code and freeze codes for you to key in to unlock your phone.

Give us a shout and i'll dig up my post with files on how to do it (re-writing the codes). Think i used a batch script in the end to do the procedure.

*Note: Always make a backup if you're going down that route :-)
    Hacked; Xbox 360, PSP, PS2/3, Nintendo DS/Wii, ZTE Blade, Motorola Xoom, Sony Xperia, Viewsonic M900S, HTC Desire/Desire HD/Sensation, Samsung Galaxy SI/SII/SIII

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz's Avatar
    Level

tl;dr
    From what I understand you are saying...you don't mean "jailbreak". You want to SIM-UNLOCK your handset.

And yes, sim-unlocking your handset can be done in three ways;

Acquring a sim unlock code with freeze code off your network provider, sometimes free, but they can charge you up to £30.

Or, re-writing the codes yourself manually, but this can be daunting to the average bear, you will need root access and some knowledge in HEX editing as well as some knowledge in basic linux/android. - I have done this procedure. Very simples. But depends on what user you are.

Get the Sim-unlock app off the market, need root again. This searches for the sim-unlock code and freeze codes for you to key in to unlock your phone.

Give us a shout and i'll dig up my post with files on how to do it (re-writing the codes). Think i used a batch script in the end to do the procedure.

*Note: Always make a backup if you're going down that route :-)
    Hacked; Xbox 360, PSP, PS2/3, Nintendo DS/Wii, ZTE Blade, Motorola Xoom, Sony Xperia, Viewsonic M900S, HTC Desire/Desire HD/Sensation, Samsung Galaxy SI/SII/SIII

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level

tl;dr
    Don't talk about getting off a high horse when you've basically asked people to help you commit crime, you can understand why people aren't jumping to help you out.

As for Jailbreaking your phone you could find a way to to do this with in minutes of looking on Google.

Next time you may just want to ask of help and not explain why you need it.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information