Thread: Samsung KIES

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    rodhuy is on a distinguished road
    Level

Samsung KIES

Hi, anyione else having riduclous trouble getting KIES to synch with their phone !! i AM !!! and its annoying me lotz !!! i give the Galaxy S2 a 5 out of 5, but KIES Negative 20 out of 5 !!! it just doesnt work. i have tried un-installing Kies, used different USB ports, used different USB cables, tried KIES troubleshooting where it deletes drivers and starts again, i have deleted the samgung USB dirver in control panel, rebooted, deleted KIES itself and reinstalled etc etc etc etc all to no avail... arrgghh. i get the phone to come up and beconnected/recognised in kies OCCASSIONALLY, perhaps just twice actually.

it just sits and tried to connect and goes into a loop. my mate had similar issues. why cant Samgung make some s/w that works and talks to thier phones !! as much as i like thier phone, i hate it that they cant make s/w to connect it ! i will almost recommend others to NOT buy this phone if i cannot get a fix.

i am now looking to but 3rd party s/w to make the synching i want - which is outlook contacts. but KIES should do this,.

is it my phone perhaps or my pc ?? its a desktop. at my freinds place the phone also hung in connection, then later it worked. on my system it mostly hangs but i got it connect 2-3 times only. now cant get it to connect at all!@!.

anyone having such nasty trouble with KIES ??? sh*ts me big time ! it should work, but doesnt. tried Samsung tech support. they were not helpful at all. one girl didnt know what to say, only suggested i resert the phone. others suggested deleting the drivers. but none of this is working. well... i havent reset the phone yet. shouldnt have too, should i ??

who can HELP ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    The phone is fine it's Kies that is pants.

I posted the following on my thread: Guides & Resources

Outlook Contacts & Calendar Syncronisation

Well forget doing a straightforward Contact Sync… it’s not going to happen with Outlook, at least not directly. There is no standard Andriod/Outlook tool out there for free.

Export all contacts from Outlook to a CSV file.
    [Optional] Wipe all Gmail contacts.
    Imported (using their standard tool) the CSV file.
    Android then auto-syncs the contacts.

Calendar syncing should be straightforward; Use the ‘Google Calendar Sync’ applet from Google (free) and that’s it! Android will sync back and forth with no issues.

Do you have contacts on Outlook that you need to sync or are you keeping a backup of your contacts?
    If your just backing up then I would use Googlemail to back up contacts and sync.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Jgreen07 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hmm.. my issue is a bit different..

I just bought Samsung Galaxy S2. I installed Kies software which I downloaded from Samsung's website. First time I ran the application, it wants to update itself so I let it run. There are several issues occurring after I installed the software,
    - My floppy drive keeps on clicking. As if someone is trying to read the drive.
    - Kies Application keeps on crashing when I choose to sync my contacts.

Anyone having the same issue? What's the solution?

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit.

Thanks..

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgreen07 View Post
    Hmm.. my issue is a bit different..

I just bought Samsung Galaxy S2. I installed Kies software which I downloaded from Samsung's website. First time I ran the application, it wants to update itself so I let it run. There are several issues occurring after I installed the software,
    - My floppy drive keeps on clicking. As if someone is trying to read the drive.
    - Kies Application keeps on crashing when I choose to sync my contacts.

Anyone having the same issue? What's the solution?

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit.

Thanks..
    wow, another person who's drive rattles after installing Kies......check out this thread for any solutions.

Read the post above, you're not supposed to sync contacts, you have to do so manually.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points
    sandeep.sharma006 is on a distinguished road
    Level

not able to connect Samsung S2 with laptop

Hi Guys,

Please Help Me.

Whenever i connect my phone with laptop, only icon that shows on the laptop screen is of camera and no other folders or applications are accessible. I am not able to transfer any data from mobile to laptop.

Achievements:
    Level
    Have you installed Samsung Kies?

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufftoad View Post
    Have you installed Samsung Kies?
    Hi Tuff,

I dont have kies installed, but for the first time when i tried to transfer data from mobile to laptop , it did fine. But second time onwards started facing this issue.

Achievements:
    Level
    I would probably still install Samsung Kies so you get the USB driver. You do not have to have the program on start up or even use it.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    ajay.acharyakv@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Kies worked for me... I had the same trouble initially: it does not work when your Outlook is still open.... what you can do to ensure is that close Outlook, then ctrl+alt+del, start task manager and then close Open Outlook process if still open despite closing. Then Open Kies and connect the phone and you should be able to sync.
    Also, yesterday Samsung released an update that will help you sync even the Calendar & Memo without any issues: anycase you may call 30308282 from any metro in India and speak to Samsung: it is their duty & obligation to ensure that what you bought will work.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ajay.acharyakv@gmail.com View Post
    Kies worked for me... I had the same trouble initially: it does not work when your Outlook is still open.... what you can do to ensure is that close Outlook, then ctrl+alt+del, start task manager and then close Open Outlook process if still open despite closing. Then Open Kies and connect the phone and you should be able to sync.
    Also, yesterday Samsung released an update that will help you sync even the Calendar & Memo without any issues: anycase you may call 30308282 from any metro in India and speak to Samsung: it is their duty & obligation to ensure that what you bought will work.

Thanks tuff and Ajay.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information