Voicemail: Ring time before it diverts? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Voicemail: Ring time before it diverts?

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Supacabby is on a distinguished road
    Level

Voicemail: Ring time before it diverts?

Can I adjust the time setting? I want it to ring for at least 30sec before it diverts to voicemail, can't find a way of doing this!
    Originally from Brighton but now living in Fethiye, Turkey.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    I had this issue in the past. I phoned my network and they gave me a code to enter into the phone.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks, it's simple on a Nokia!

Learning a lot about my new S2, 90% of it positive, just 2 minor issues so far, mind you I've spent 3 days reading the net & playing!

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    It was a Nokia N70 I had and this was the easiest way to do it. That's what happens when you get a new phone. All good fun though.

Just had a quick look around the web and it is your network that can give you a code. Have a look at this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-282501.html look at the 5th post down by Paul bacik, he has given a code to enter in the hand set.
    Last edited by Richardj; 09-09-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Achievements:
    Level
    Well my network (T-Mobile) say the ring time before voicemail kicks in is a phone not a network function & I can't find anywhere within the S2 to alter the time limit!

Anyone else got any ideas I'm missing?

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    I've just been right through all the settings in my S1 and can't find any thing to alter it. The nearest I can find is menu>settings>call settings>voicemail> In here I have voicemail services and voicemail. If I tap on voicemail service I get My carrier and in voicemail I get Voicemail number. Both are already set with my carrier and the voicemail number. So I still think it's down to your network, TMobile to do this.

Have a look here, 5th post down by paul bacik http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-282501.html He even gives a code to input in to the phone, It's not the same phone as your's but it shows the code is from the network.
    Last edited by Richardj; 09-09-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks again Richard, I've now got hold of someone at T-Mobile who understands what I'm on about & bingo, a/p now set to 30 sec time out, perfect!

The code is: **61*+44XXXXXXXXXX**30#

The X = your own phone number as listed with T-Mobile, the 30 is the number of seconds so you could alter that to suit, simple really!

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Glad you got it sorted, you just gota love the guys and gals in the tech dept at the networks, you either get a good one or someone who knows nothing. So that code is the same one as in the link I gave you, worth hanging onto it.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information