Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    jaeyeonkang is on a distinguished road
    Level

Galaxy S2 Wifi problem!

Hi,

I've been using galaxy s2 for 2 month now and everything was fine.

Then suddenly my wifi stopped working.

Wifi is connected but I cannot access any internet.

Wifi is okay because my laptop is fine and it's my home wifi so I've using it for past 2month.

It just stopped working. Even though it is connected.

In one sentence: Wifi is connected but no internet access. 3g is working fine.

Can someone fix this?

Thankyou

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jaeyeonkang For This Useful Post:

adityaekbote (11-03-2011)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Have you tried:
    Forgetting connections.
    Restarting your phone.
    Restarting your router.

If it was working and you haven't done anything to your phone (Ie: Update phone. Install a new app). Then the above should help. Try them in different combos
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    voadyoda is on a distinguished road
    Level
    jaeyeonkang,

You are not alone. I have exactly the same issue. Bizarrely, the problem appears to be more pronounced in morning (UK time).

Here is a typical breakdown of my issue and the steps I'm taken : -

1.) Wifi connected with good signal strength but no data connectivity.
    2.) Switching off wifi - moves to 3G - data connectivity restored.
    3.) Switch wifi back on - no connectivity
    4.) Switch phone to flight mode
    5.) Switch off flight mode - goes back to wifi - data connectivity restored.

I can confirm that during the times of lost connectivity on the phone - all other wireless devices (three always on) on the network continue to function normally. I can also confirm the internet connection is up and running as I stream live market data so any loss is noticeable quickly.

I tried speaking to Samsung regarding the issue but it's painful (in the UK at least). They are not interested in diagnosing any issue and give you the bog standard response of sending the device off for warranty repair which means no phone for three weeks which is a pain for me. I'd also be very surprised if this was a hardware issue (why would flight mode fix it? why does it not happen all the time?) so it seems a pointless exercise for me.

I was probably the biggest fan when the S2 first came out.....but some of the software bugs are starting to get quite annoying and samsung's after sales support seems pretty feeble. I'll plod on until the Nexus Prime I think.....

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    jaeyeonkang is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I've already tried everything above before posting this thread.
    Is there any other method?

Flight mode didn't work for me

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Are you able to reset your router. Could be a pain though if you have lots of stuff that connects to it.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold
    Level
    Firmware update may have fixed this, I'm not sure if I would notice this any more as I use juice defender and it turns data off when the screen is off. Buuuut when i first got the phone with an early firmware it would connect and work on wifi and then after an hour or two somehow lose the connection but still show as connected. Toggling it on and off fixed this and I believe a newer firmware tackled the issue.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    snoopy is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi there.

You are not alone.

I just had my S2 for 2 weeks.

Using the DLink DIR655 wireless router.

My iPad detects and uses the wi-fi well. But this morning, the S2 cannot detect the wi-fi.
    Instead, it scans and detected the neighbors wi-fi.

I had boosted the wi-fi transmission power (from Low to Med), sat near or next to the router, checked the antenna etc etc.

3G is working fine but slower than my wi-fi.

Looking forward to some more check & unchecking to restore this service.

Jounin
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered250 Experience Points
    nikkilodeon is on a distinguished road nikkilodeon's Avatar
    Level
    have you ever tried upgrading your firmware? or maybe re-flashing your s2 will help fix the problem..

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    LA$$E is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Until I updated to the latest and greatest (GINGERBREAD.XWKF3) a few days ago I had no problems with the WIFI on my G2. Since, however, I experience the same problems as initially described in this thread. Turning WIFI off and then on makes no difference. Turning Flight Mode on and then off do restore proper connectivity for a while but then it reverts to the annoying non-connectivity state. In the latter case it sometimes stays ok for 10-20 seconds, while other times it stays ok for several minutes.

The behaviour could indicate that there is a service on the phone that kicks into life intermittently (perhaps an update check of some kind) and causes the problem either directly or indirectly. Or, it could be some kind of virus or malware that is bugging us. Does anyone know if there exists a system level logger that tracks when services starts and stops??

LA$$E

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    voadyoda is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Lasse,

I'm seeing the same re: flight mode toggle only restoring connectivity briefly. The problem for me appears to be getting worse so i'm sending it off on Monday for repair (without much confidence I might add but I have no choice).

Re: system services. Do you have the samsung remote functions software configured? Perhaps a coincedence but when the prroblem started for me I noticed the little icon was alive and attempting to do something.

As you might expect i've had no luck with samsung sssupport at all. Seriously. The lack of techincal expertise from the phone trolls is staggering. Ive spent one hour on the phone to these muppets and not once has anyone even asked me for build number of the phone i.e. oh version X.....there is a much later version that may address ur issue.

As it happens i'm on all the latest versions. I have an unbranded S2 which is 2.3.3.. the guy said some networks are running 2.3.4 but they are network speciific. Of course, he had absolutely no idea why or any advice on how I might get my phone upgraded.

I will let you know if the repair makes any difference which will be about three weeks time *sigh*

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information