I've done everything, but still can't sync my Galaxy to my PC with Kies!! - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I've done everything, but still can't sync my Galaxy to my PC with Kies!!

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    emailtosimon is on a distinguished road

I've done everything, but still can't sync my Galaxy to my PC with Kies!!

Hi guys!
    I 've read through all the related posts and I've followed them, but Kies still won't recognise my phone and I can't use it as a USB storage device either!

I've downloaded the latest Kies 1.5.1.10071_32 onto my Windows XP. (Also tried a friend's XP too)
    Manually updated the drivers.
    unmounted my SD card.
    Reboot the phone and the computer several times.
    Tried to turn the Kies on before connecting.

However it always stuck at when Kies showed "Connecting the device..." or sometimes it goes pass that phase, it will show "Driver needs to be installed. Preparing for driver installation..." and froze there. (I have leave it there for overnight even and it still wouldn't work!!)

sometimes my phone screen will go crazy with the "MTP application screen" flashing alternating with the home screen! this can't be normal right?

aarrrhh, this problem is driving me mad!! why can't it just be bloodly plug in and play??

please please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class31 days registered
    saldawop is on a distinguished road
    Level
    From my limited experience, Kies is a piece of junk.
    Settings>About Phone>USB Settings > Change to Mass Storage

it does feel like a piece of junk!!!

I have tried the mass storage, but still doesn't work!

On my other PC, the kies will take over and said "please change to connect with kies mode"!!

update, I've got it to work after formatting my internal SD card. but as soon as I disconnected it, the 2nd time I want to reconnect, I had to do the same exercise again, which made me format all the songs I've put into my internal SD card.

I'm very frustrated!

this kind of problem should not have happened!!!!

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser's Avatar
    Level
    When you say it doesnt work in mass storage, tell us what it's doing and we may be able to help.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    Ceejay is on a distinguished road Ceejay's Avatar
    Level
    Kies requires your mobile be connected through a USB 2.0 in order to work properly, if the USB connection is a 1.0 type it may struggle initially to do any functions.

Junior Member powder40 is on a distinguished road
    I am getting exactly the same problem my screen goes nuts when connected to Kies i just cant get my phone to sync to my pc someone out there must be able to help

Junior Member Tricky103 is on a distinguished road
    Hi

I have read comewhere that it is to do with a currupt mp3 or something. I am getting the same error, I reset my phone to factory setting, reinstalled the drivers. Not cured it just changed the fault. I will try and access the memory card and see if I can change the mp3 files or delete them. Don't use them anyway.. I'll let you know how it goes. I gotta go to work now..

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    ghostryda is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have the same problem..My phone does not sync with kies the initial screen keeps blinking and goes nuts on my phone once connected on to my pc via kies and kies just keep serching for my device but does not find it. Am getting real frustraded ive tried rebooting the phone and still the same problem. It finds my device when am on Mass storage. I just wanna upgrade my phone to a better firmware cuz am tierd of bugs.. can someone help me upgrade firmware without having to connect to kies is that possible ????

Junior Member Tricky103 is on a distinguished road
    Ghost ryda how full are the sd cards?. I am taking my phone back today as it is only today weeks old.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information