Picture backup - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Picture backup

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    bighed is on a distinguished road
    Level

Picture backup

Hi guys, I'm sending my phone off to have the screen fixed as I dropped it and it cracked.

All my pics are on the phone and not memory card. How do I move these to the card?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    I always use the memory card as the default location, but either way you could shift them to your PC via usb.

Otherwise, start the "My Files" app, navigate to the pictures folder (but don't go in there), long press (touch and hold) the folder until the options pop up, select "Copy" then navigate to your external SD card and select "Paste here".
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Level
    Hi goots. Thanks for reply. I can't find pictures in my files?

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    I'm using a custom firmware so I can't say for sure, but they will probably be in DCIM/Camera or somewhere like that.

The external SD should be right at the bottom of the list and is called external_SD funnily enough.

Achievements:
    Level
    Wicked goots. Thanks. Next question. One of my albums has stopped working. Keeps coming up unsupported file type. Bugger is is that some of the videos are my kids first Christmas which I'm obviously a bit upset about. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Achievements:
    Level
    First thing I'd do is make a backup of the files.

Then install a different video player app - maybe something like THIS or THIS.

Then transfer them to the PC and see if they play there (you will need the right video codecs installed to view them on the PC but most modern PC's will have them).

Also, did you record the videos and have upgraded your firmware since? Sometimes videos recorded on one firmware can't play on another, but they usually play on the PC.

Another possibility is to down load THIS onto your PC and you can convert between formats etc, but the main reason to get that is because it comes with a load of codecs (or at least the earlier version did, that should too).

Achievements:
    Level
    Cheers goots. Will give it a try

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    If you can't play your videos on the pc, I would download VLC Player, it's free and plays alot of things
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

10. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information