[How Too] Does anyone know how to close the web browser? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone know how to close the web browser?

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    davblo is on a distinguished road
    Level

Does anyone know how to close the web browser?

Most applications don't seem to have an exit option and the only way I know to close them is the via the "Back" button at bottom right.

In the native Web Browser this button doesn't close the browser but just goes back to the last web page; and then the next last, etc until it runs out of previous pages and then closes.

It's an awful way of closing the browser, going back though all previous pages; and often there are warnings that you may be re-posting data again.

If I press the left menu button I can get to "Windows" and if there are more than one there is a "minus" sign top right allowing it to be closed. But when there is only one window there is no minus sign.

So if I've been doing some interaction with my bank and want to close the single main window I have to select "Menu", "Windows", create a "New window", select the new window, go back to the "Menu" choose "Windows" again, find the minus sign on the original window press to close it, then go back to the new window and press "Back" to close that one.

Please someone tell me there is a better way!!!!

/davblo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

The better way is another browser. I'm going to recommend Dolphin Browser Mini, which looks complicated at first but is excellent and is a simpler version of Dolphin Browser HD. It has tabs you can close and a proper exit button.

I suspect you, like most of us, have been conditioned by desktop operating systems to close each application as that is how they work.

Android is a true multitasking OS, most things don't need closing. They will be suspended in the background, ready to go again the next time you want them, from the place you left them. So you can have EVERYTHING open and 'running' and just switch between your apps. Android will manage the whole lot. If you already knew this then just ignore me.

Apple doesn't have true multitasking - despite them saying they do...
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    If you close the individual windows as you have been doing, then press the back button when the final window is open, it closes the app.

Well, it does on mine anyway.

But stonkr is right, there are plenty of browsers to try including Dolphin HD, Opera Mini, Skyfire, xSCope to name a few..
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold
    Level
    I like opera mobile but if you just want to watch hd flash videos etc the inbuilt browser is the fastest and best there is (hardware acceleration). If you want to browse a forum I like opera for opening loads of tabs, thats asuming the forum doesn't support tapatalk, something you may want to look at as well.

Once you get used to things its not too bothersome.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    durhamdad54 will become famous soon enough durhamdad54's Avatar
    Level
    i just click on task manager ,internet,end app ....sorted or another way is while in browser click bottom left button then click windows and just delete all pages
    Last edited by durhamdad54; 07-13-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    live each day as if it were your last because one day it will be]

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    spkrs01 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Just press the physical Home Button. Clear the history occasionally.......Stock browser on a phone is fine, although I also have Dolphin HD to view in desktop mode, however the stock can be made to view in desktop mode.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information