How to change pre-set homepage tabs? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to change pre-set homepage tabs?

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    OMBarnes is on a distinguished road
    Level

How to change pre-set homepage tabs?

Good evening all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help.... when on my home screen I have four permanent tabs along the bottom... Phone / Contacts / Messaging / Applications.

Now, I have downloaded an ap for my messaging called Handcents which I'm rather liking but I now have that on my homepage AND the messaging tab at the bottom (fixed with the three other pre-set tabs). Is it possible to replace the pre-set up tab with the Handcent ap so I don't have them both running?

Any help at all gratefully received, best wishes :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    If you are using the stock launcher...

1. Press the app icon to view your apps, find the screen with Handcent.
    2. Press the menu key and select edit.
    3. Drag the Handcent icon down to replace the messaging icon, or drag the messaging icon off the icon dock and then drag the Handcent icon onto it.
    4. Press the back button.

EDIT: To stop both the stock messaging app and Handcent notifying you of a message, open messaging > menu key > settings > uncheck notifications.

I can highly recommend GoSMS and GO Launcher EX for more functionality. You can switch between the stock TouchWiz Launcher and GO Launcher EX (or any other launcher) using an app called Home Manager.
    Last edited by stonkr; 06-04-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    Slowly and surely viewing Oppo Find 7 with envious eyes...

Achievements:
    Level
    Stonkr, thank you so much... I shall have a look at both of those and the Home Manager, being new to this I'm just loving every bit of the discovery of new things.

Can I ask whether you have experienced any problems with replying to emails through fb where it often wont display the last line of text that you are writing and then when you try to use the cursor to go back to a typing error, you can't get it in the right place? Tell me I'm not alone and that it's sortable?

x

Achievements:
    Level
    Ok, so... I've downloaded Go Launcher Ex and Home Manager and now have two options for home page styles. In a brief synopsis can you summarise the benefits to the change as I'd got used to how things looked but am guessing it has some good input to the way things are run. The description when downloading isn't very clear or thorough and I just know with your infinite wisdom you'll be able to sum it up so much better! :-) Big smile!

And am I meant to have two lots of pairs of houses with arrows within my notification bar? When I pull down my drop down menu I have two switch options, one being Home manager the other Quick switcher. Is that correct or can I remove one?

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    You can get rid of the notification icons in Home Manager in it's settings menu, just untick the two options.

Go Launcher gives you five icons on the bottom dock, three docks (swipe those icons to the side), portrait and lanscape view, lots of animations, hide or rename icon labels, pull down notification area by swiping down anywhere on the screen plus lots more features.

I don't use facebook so not sure on that one.
    Last edited by stonkr; 06-05-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    Slowly and surely viewing Oppo Find 7 with envious eyes...

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information