[SGS II] USB Driver help needed - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USB Driver help needed

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    zuvai is on a distinguished road
    Level

USB Driver help needed

Some help needed please!

I have just got the Galaxy S II and am having troubles connecting to it via the USB cable.

I have tried using different versions of Windows, mainly Vista though. When the phone get connected to the computer, Windows tries to install the drivers, however it asks for the CDC software.

I have installed the latest version of the god awful Kies software, Version 2.0.0.11044_11. It either doesn't see the device, or just continually unsuccessfully tries to connect.

I have gone to \Program Files\Samsung\Kies\USB Driver, installed the Driver there:
    SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

While it is installing I can briefly see my shiny new toy in My Computer. However once the driver has finally installed it is no longer visible.

Looking in Device Manager - Windows cannot start this hardware because its configuration infomation (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19)

Samsungs troubleshooting help is of less use than (fit your own expletives here)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic's Avatar
    Level
    After installed SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe, did you reboot your machine? Also try another USB cable or USB port on the pc.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy I9100 Unlocked/ Rooted
    Network: O2 UK
    Baseband version: I9100XXLPQ

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    zuvai is on a distinguished road
    Level
    yup, tried rebooting again afterward still no joy. Now I am no longer able to even reinstall the driver, it crash mid re-install.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic's Avatar
    Level
    That's strange, make sure the usb cable is not plug in while you re-installing.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy I9100 Unlocked/ Rooted
    Network: O2 UK
    Baseband version: I9100XXLPQ

6. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information