[SGSII Custom Rom] Flashing to Darky's 10.1 ... Odin won't flash .. "> Can't open the serial(COM) port." - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flashing to Darky's 10.1 ... Odin won't flash .. "> Can't open the serial(COM) port."

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    andy is on a distinguished road
    Level

Flashing to Darky's 10.1 ... Odin won't flash .. "> Can't open the serial(COM) port."

Hi all,
    Trying to flash my i9000 to Darky's 10.1. Previous flashes to 9.x have all gone swimmingly. However this time, its not working. Aside from the ROM being different, I'm using a different laptop (no access to the other laptop at this time).

I've downloaded both Darkys_v10.1_Extreme_Edition.zip and Ficeto_Deodexed_JVH_I9000_ODIN.zip.

I've unzipped Ficeto_Deodexed_JVH_I9000_ODIN.zip and run Odin3 v1.7.exe.
    I've selected the s1_odin_20100512.pit for the pit
    I've selected Ficeto_Deodexed_JVH_I9000.tar for the PDA
    I've put the SGS into "Download" mode (yellow android in a triangle"
    I attached my i9000 and I get the "Added" in the message box

Then I get

<ID:0/009> Added!!
    <ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
    <ID:0/009> File analysis..
    <ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/009> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I've tried different USB ports - same problem.
    I've tried removing the battery - same problem

If I try and boot the phone normally, I now get an icon I've never seen before .. a little logo of a phone and a computer with dots between the two .. think it suggests it needs to be flashed ?

Suggestions ? Looks like this is a odin problem - just not sure how to resolve.

Thanks
    Andy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    edkin03 will become famous soon enough edkin03's Avatar
    Level
    I used older v of Odin to install ficetos without hitch so maybe it's Odin

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    clax6 will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Yea i used odin v1.3 no problems

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    jimc130 will become famous soon enough jimc130 will become famous soon enough jimc130's Avatar
    Level
    You dont have kies open on your pc do you?
    SGS I9000
    Rom: Teamhacksung's ICS Port for Galaxy S
    Android 4.0.3

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Jim will become famous soon enough Jim will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Did you plug the phone into the laptop (without having any other programs open, or ODIN) and wait for all the drivers to install? Also, did you plug the phone into the laptop while under 'download mode' and wait for any other drivers to install? This sounds more like a driver issue than anything else. I think there is a thread on xda somewhere which contains all the Samsung drivers which normally automatically download when you install Kies. If you have never installed Kies on that laptop, there is a good chance you won't have the right drivers for the phone, thus not allowing ODIN to establish a connection. On my Laptop, (Windows 7 x64) when I plugged the phone in for the first time, there were about 3 or 4 different drivers that automatically installed for the phone. Also, when I plugged in using download more (for flashing with ODIN) I think another driver installed then.
    Galaxy S GT-I9000 // Darky's ROM v10.1 //

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Did you plug the phone into the laptop (without having any other programs open, or ODIN) and wait for all the drivers to install? Also, did you plug the phone into the laptop while under 'download mode' and wait for any other drivers to install? This sounds more like a driver issue than anything else. I think there is a thread on xda somewhere which contains all the Samsung drivers which normally automatically download when you install Kies. If you have never installed Kies on that laptop, there is a good chance you won't have the right drivers for the phone, thus not allowing ODIN to establish a connection. On my Laptop, (Windows 7 x64) when I plugged the phone in for the first time, there were about 3 or 4 different drivers that automatically installed for the phone. Also, when I plugged in using download more (for flashing with ODIN) I think another driver installed then.

Beat me to it Only by a few hours though, stupid sleep
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    jbow71 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Ficetos JVP

Thanks for all the replies dudes / dudettes, OK so I can find an Odin download for JVH, but can't seem to find a JVP download for Odin. So I have a JVP for CWM, but want to do this correctly. Seen your comments Goots, so could I flash to JVH, and then upgrade to Darkys using the configurator etc.
    SGS i9000 | DarkyROM 10.2 - JVR Base R2 | Darky Core 3.0 | JVR R2 Circle Battery Mod | Lagfix: on | Go Launcher Ex

9. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information