[SGS II] Kies, Music info trouble - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kies, Music info trouble

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    PuzzledMidget is on a distinguished road
    Level

Kies, Music info trouble

New user to Kies but having trouble with my music library.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Achievements:
    Level
    Yay managed to muck that post up already,

I have my music organized through iTunes and everything has all the info in iTunes however when i got my S2 home installed Kies and the autoscan had finished the majority of my music didnt have any Album info or Artist info so when i sync/transfer to my phone i end up with 1400 songs under <unknown>. I have tried edit the info through properties and all the fields are greyed out and i cannot edit them. This has prob been answered before but i couldnt find it so sorry if it is a repost. just want my music organised on my phone. Is there a simple way to do this without a third party app???

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic's Avatar
    Level
    I don't use ITune myself but have your tried doubleTwist? check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHxm_FNbdRg

MixZing also has Music ID identifies feature, it might worth a try if you already have the music in your phone. https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Edit: Just notice that you are looking for a solution without any 3rd party app, in that case I don't know any, sorry.
    Last edited by tiptronic; 05-24-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy I9100 Unlocked/ Rooted
    Network: O2 UK
    Baseband version: I9100XXLPQ

Achievements:
    Level
    thanks for the reply, you would think that a flagship phone like a s2 would be supported with good software or at least give me the option to use it as a external drive!
    note; i have tried exploring the drive and dragging the music direct to the phone but it will not arrange it, my blackberry never had this problem!

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold
    Level
    It can be used as an external drive. Just turn on usb debugging (settings>applications>development) and when you plug it in a notification should appear and you can then connect usb storage.

Achievements:
    Level
    thanks for that answer, one problem done!
    yet after transferring music folders it still turns up as <unknown>
    Any ideas? As i dont understand why it wouldnt put the artist and album names in as that is how they are named on the pc.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold
    Level
    Are the music files actually tagged with the details or is it just the file name? Maybe you need to run them through a batch tagger?

I imagine you have got tagged files, any you download should be just thinking out loud.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    homebrandcola is on a distinguished road
    Level
    This is a common issue. Reported a number of places.

Even if you use Mass Storage to copy the files (or DoubleTwist, or WinAMP) the phone wont recognise the artists from M4A / MP4 / AAC files. It plays just fine, but wont read the tag correctly. It is an issue with the underlying system / media library. All media players that use the built-in media library don't work correctly.

I really hope Samsung fix it soon, I have no idea how they could put out a phone with this broken on it. Just doesn't make sense.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Ben Carron is on a distinguished road
    Level
    It won't let me post a new thread but I have a problem with Kies too

I'm trying to update my SGS II to the latest KE4 firmware, I've yet to update it since getting it when it was released in the UK.
    The problem is whenever I run Kies Air via a browser there's no option to upgrade.
    Whenever I try the PC app and have the phone connected via USB everything works fine until I try to update, I get past the backup stage and then it initiates the update sequence then tells me "insufficient space available for update, requires 3000mb"
    However my phone has 7GB free, my SD card has 5GB free and my computer hard-drive where Kies is installed (not C drive) has 10+ GB free... so I'm not sure where it thinks has insufficent storage space.
    Also why does it need a whopping 3000mb? Seems insanely big for an update file to need that much.

I love my Samsung galaxy S2 but I really want to update it to get the minor features/improvements it adds

any help appreciated.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    John Hopper is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi, I've just joined this forum, having had my SGS2 for 2 days. In most respects, I love it, but I am having a major problem with music.

I have some 3800 audio tracks on my SD card. On my previous phone (HTC Desire) these were organised neatly into albums and artists both on the stock music player and on Power Amp.

Having got my SGS2 and installed my SD card, 3400 of my tracks are now listed as by an unknown artist in the list view, so they do no sort into artists and albums. This is the case in the stock music player, music hub and in Power Amp. In Power Amp, when I go into an individual track, the details are all there, so if I want to play a shuffle of all my music, that is no problem. But I cannot play a specific album or all of a specific artist's tracks. However, in the stock music application, they are unknown even if I go into each one.

This is extremely annoying as it severely reduces the usefulness of the phone as a music player, unless I just wanted random selections. Yet it all worked fine on the HTC, so I don't think it's a Power Amp problem (I contacted the developer and he said a solution would be forthcoming in a future update, but I am not sure I really understood his email). My SD card must be okay as the information shows up in Power Amp in the "all songs" option. So I think it is a Samsung problem. If I had known about this, I might very well have not decided to upgrade to this phone.

Surely, surely, there must be a solution?

thanks, John

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information