Google sync contacts - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google sync contacts

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    edkin03 will become famous soon enough edkin03's Avatar
    Level

Google sync contacts

Am i missing something (highly likely) but if i sync my contacts to google shouldnt i be able to view them when i log into google from a pc or laptop, i only see one when i go into the dashboard. i have sync them many times so not sure what else i need to do.

any help ?

thanks all

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Yes you should be able to. It may be that the google servers are having problems. I had the same problem when I first did mine and the only thing I could do was to log in on line and add them manually. From them on when ever I enter a new contact on my phone it sync's it automatically. Just a thought, have you got auto sync switched on and background data.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Richardj For This Useful Post:

edkin03 (05-16-2011)

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Could it be you have to use G mail and allow Google to know yr location, i've just tried again background data allowed sync all still only shows one contact !
    Any ideas ?

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by edkin03 View Post
    Could it be you have to use G mail and allow Google to know yr location, i've just tried again background data allowed sync all still only shows one contact !
    Any ideas ?
    I have Gmail set up, so it would be worth a try. I have location turned off so don't think that makes any difference. You could also try setting up a new google account from your phone and see if that works.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Richardj For This Useful Post:

edkin03 (05-16-2011)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Are you able to export your contacts as a .VCF and import the contacts to google that way?

I have shared location and a gmail account but the sharing location thing wouldn't matter.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tufftoad For This Useful Post:

edkin03 (05-17-2011)

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    I found that I had to import them manually once using the Export function of the phone, and the Import function of your gmail address book.

After that, they now stay perfectly synced whether I add, delete or edit on the phone or within my gmail online account.
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Goots For This Useful Post:

edkin03 (05-17-2011)

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufftoad View Post
    Are you able to export your contacts as a .VCF and import the contacts to google that way?

I have shared location and a gmail account but the sharing location thing wouldn't matter.
    Thanks Tuftoad i think thats cracked it

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information