[SGS II] Safe to remove applications list - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Safe to remove applications list

Administrator Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs's Avatar

Question Safe to remove applications list

Ok here is my list of safe to remove applications that gave me no errors. This may help improve battery life and phone speed. Of course don't remove applications that you need or want in the future. For example Kies Air or voice commands if you use them. Its logical, but some people are just plain silly

Disclaimer: SGS Forums take no responsibly of you end up with a broken firmware and error screens etc. Reboot your SGS2 after removing many apps. If it still crashes reflash the firmware via Odin3

I used titanium back up to remove or freeze the apps or you can root explorer.
    • All share
    • Analog clock
    • Android live wallpapers
    • Ap Mobile
    • Bookstore
    • Buddies now
    • chocoEUKor
    • com.orange.authentication.simcard.permission
    • com.sec.android.app.lcdtest
    • com.sec.android.app.screencapture
    • com.sec.android.widgetapp.weatherclock
    • DataCreate
    • Days 1.0
    • Digital clock
    • Dlna
    • Dual clock
    • Email 1.0
    • Email widget
    • EncryptApp
    • EncryptApp
    • Error
    • Factory test
    • Factory Test
    • FTC
    • FTM
    • FTS
    • Gallery 3d
    • Game HubHome screen tipsKobo
    • Genie
    • Gmail
    • Google feedback (May cause issues with Market??)
    • Google Partner Setup
    • Hel Neue
    • Image Editor
    • IMEITracker (is this the samsung tracking app?)
    • Installflash
    • Kies air
    • Kies via Wifi
    • Kobo
    • Let's try panning
    • Live wallpapers
    • LogsProvider
    • Maps
    • Memo
    • Microbes
    • Mini Diary
    • Mini paper
    • Minidiary
    • Mobile printMusic Hub
    • Mobileprint
    • MobileTracker
    • Mtp app (For kies)
    • Musiccodp
    • News and Weather
    • Ocean weather 1.0
    • PCWDevice
    • PhoneUtil
    • Polaris
    • Polaris office
    • PopupuiReceiver
    • Post It
    • Preconfig
    • PressReader
    • Pressreader
    • Program Monitor
    • Readers Hub
    • Samsung account
    • Samsung widgets
    • Samsungs apps
    • Secretwalls
    • Self Test Mode
    • Serial Number Read/Write
    • Service mode
    • Setup Wizard
    • Setup wizard
    • Share App
    • Shareapp
    • SNS 1.5
    • Sns disclaimer
    • SNS image cache
    • Sns Twitter
    • SnsAccountFB
    • SNSAccountMs
    • SNSAccountTw
    • Social hub
    • Social Hub 2.xxx
    • Social Hub 7.52xxx
    • Soundplayer (Buggy)
    • Speech recorder
    • STK
    • Street
    • Suggests
    • Swype
    • SyncmIDS
    • Talk
    • Task 1.0Trim App
    • Tasks
    • Touchwiz
    • Trim app
    • TW apps (wallpapers etc)
    • TwWallpaper chooser
    • Video editor
    • Video makerYahoo Finance
    • Voice recorder
    • Voice search
    • Voice to go
    • Wi-Fi sharing (only needed for hotspot?)
    • wipeoutreceiver
    • wlantest
    • wssyncmlnps
    • Youtube
    • Zinio Reader
    Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 Octacore
    My IP address | LG G2 Forum

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Briggs For This Useful Post:

bubblehead (07-02-2011), DSA (05-18-2011), dwgalaxys (05-25-2011), habebekebab (11-26-2012), Jejoma (05-26-2011), krappo (09-24-2012), llBlackenedll (05-12-2011), Mannequin (06-17-2012), rayturner (06-02-2012), tiptronic (05-13-2011), windowlicker (05-13-2011)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience PointsOverdrive
    llBlackenedll has a spectacular aura about llBlackenedll has a spectacular aura about
    Level
    Don't hold me to this but I believe the latest firmware update will restore any of your uninstalled samsung stuff, so all is not lost necessarily if you want something back.

Also, thanks!

It would be interesting to know which of the apps you removed was mainly responsible for your performance increase. Having said that I want a lot of those apps still on there and don't want to remove ones where I'm not sure what they are. I have just managed to get 3617 mind, though it seems the score goes up every time you run the benchmark within a session.

EDIT: Just got 3774 after freezing Wifi 1.0 as well as already having Wifi Sharing and Wifi Sharing Manager frozen. Maybe you could highlight the ones that seem to have the most effect or something? Then again could just be coincidence..
    Last edited by llBlackenedll; 05-12-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Administrator Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs's Avatar
    Well I know my battery life has defiantly improved! 15+ hours and 80% left. Some calls, text and internet. Wifi was on and connected too for about 8 hours. (Sync off)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold mark22 is a splendid one to behold
    Level
    Nice list, will have to see what it does to battery life although I'd already frozen quite a few here. I too would like to know what IMEI tracker is, sounds iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by mark22 View Post
    Nice list, will have to see what it does to battery life although I'd already frozen quite a few here. I too would like to know what IMEI tracker is, sounds iffy.
    Its to do with that remote track and disable. If you phone is stolen you can disable it. Some Samsung thing i think, never used it!

fake Mọderator
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level
    i added this to my battery life thread
    .____________...___________./l、
    ...add me [= .......____________...(゚、 。 7
    .......h3artlessjerk@hotmail.com .  l、 ~ヽ
    .............._______________............... じしf_, )ノ

Thanks, I've just updated this list again and uninstall more from the KE2 update i just flashed. I had a pop up error but after a reboot it went away!

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered1 year registered100 Experience Points
    rhysthomas89 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Thanks Briggs! I'm new to Android but immediately hated the bloat on the stock phone - your guide has been extremely useful in preventing me bricking me new toy.

ROM Modder
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    DSA is a jewel in the rough DSA is a jewel in the rough DSA is a jewel in the rough DSA's Avatar
    Level
    Thanks for this, very handy

(may also come in handy for rom cooking if you already know whats safe to remove..)

Also if you do get some error pop ups reboot and finger crossed it will go away. Happened to me. But luckily on reboot it was ok.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information