Forgot Pattern On galaxy s I9000 - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forgot Pattern On galaxy s I9000

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    citymobiles is on a distinguished road

Forgot Pattern On galaxy s I9000

Hi Forum members ,
    I am new to this forum. My younger brother put the wrong patterns too many times . On the screen is coming TOO MANY PATTERN ATTEMPTS and i dont know the password or email address of google because i bought it of ebay and now the seller is not registered ebayer anymore.
    I tried the hard reset option which is volume down and power on but that didnt work. I can receive calls but i cant make calls or go to menu . Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser's Avatar
    Level
    Have you tried flashing the firmware and resetting the phone to default? It may be your only option. You will lose all your data though but will most likely get back the phone.

Edit: I just re-read your post and the hard reset option is actually Volume Up, Home Key and On button (while the phone is off) then you use the volume keys to select wipe data/factory reset and press home.
    Last edited by someuser; 07-18-2010 at 01:12 PM.

citymobiles is on a distinguished road
    Hi ,
    Thanks for you reply , I tried to hard reset as you said but the phone just turns on normal. May be i am doing something wrong there. How do i flash the firmware. If you can help please.
    Thanks

pandorica is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by someuser View Post
    Have you tried flashing the firmware and resetting the phone to default? It may be your only option. You will lose all your data though but will most likely get back the phone.

Edit: I just re-read your post and the hard reset option is actually Volume Up, Home Key and On button (while the phone is off) then you use the volume keys to select wipe data/factory reset and press home.
    Just did it myself to test (getting a replacement soon anyway so don't mind losing everything) and I can confirm that booting recovery and using factory reset will get the phone working without a passcode lock. For some reason it did take a few goes to get it working (kept booting normally) and I even managed to get into safe mode somehow by accident...
    Last edited by pandorica; 07-18-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Administrator Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs's Avatar
    Try going into recovery mode, vol up + home then power. Once in the menu, select factory reset. This should do it.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 Octacore
    My IP address | LG G2 Forum

7 days registered
    zohs247 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by citymobiles View Post
    Hi Forum members ,
    I am new to this forum. My younger brother put the wrong patterns too many times . On the screen is coming TOO MANY PATTERN ATTEMPTS and i dont know the password or email address of google because i bought it of ebay and now the seller is not registered ebayer anymore.
    I tried the hard reset option which is volume down and power on but that didnt work. I can receive calls but i cant make calls or go to menu . Please help.

Hey man GUESS WHAT I GOT THE ANSWER TO THAT CRAZY PROBLEM. Its so lame so lame and you wouldn't even believe it, honestly it was like i just gave it a try and it worked.

AGAIN ITS the lamest thing you could ever think of, anyway heres how it goes,

1) Log in to your google account on your pc, the same account you registered for your phone

2) After logging in look at the top right corner of your inbox/email page, it would say your google username. Like say if you name is John, and you have a google id thats registered to your galaxy s as , john123@gmail.com. Now this google id on the top right corner of the page would be displayed as john123@googlemail.com

3) Type in the google id, thats visible on the right hand top corner of your page (like john123@googlemail.com) into your galaxy s handset locked page, and type in the password.

TADA AND YOUR ON TO THE NEW SCREEN TELLING YOU TO PUT IN ANOTHER PATTERN.

Thanks

Zoh

May Allah's Mercy be upon all of you.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10's Avatar
    Level
    He did state that he doesn't know the google id or password lol

fake Mọderator
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level
    you can reset your pattern code by knowing your google username and pw?
    .____________...___________./l、
    ...add me [= .......____________...(゚、 。 7
    .......h3artlessjerk@hotmail.com .  l、 ~ヽ
    .............._______________............... じしf_, )ノ

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    ECaronan is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by soraxd View Post
    you can reset your pattern code by knowing your google username and pw?
    Yes. If you fail too many times to unlock the phone with your pattern, it tells you to try again in *** seconds. but it also shows a button on the bottom that says "forgot pattern?" and if you click on that it asks for your google account(email address) and password and you can unlock it that way.

Know Pain
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    SNAK3ATER is a name known to all SNAK3ATER is a name known to all SNAK3ATER is a name known to all SNAK3ATER is a name known to all SNAK3ATER is a name known to all SNAK3ATER is a name known to all SNAK3ATER's Avatar
    Level
    well there is another alt. solution to your problem, when I was in my vacation there was no free WIFI hotspot to access the internet and well you know how the story goes; you leave your phone on the table--> go to the bathroom--> nature calls--> you come out happy and relieved--> you notice your younger brother/sister playing with your phone--> runs toward them as your life is depending on it--> quickly snatch the phone from them--> too many wrong patterns attempted--> phone locked-->you turn green--> starts smashing stuffs--> cools down a bit--> you remembered there is no internet available--> went to the recovery mode but couldn't unlock the phone--> you are on the verge of giving up--> try stupid stuffs such as recharging the battery, use the phone without sim card etc--> you attempt a final desperate move to unlock your phone--> open your phone's case---> take out the battery, the sim card, and the SD card--> leave the phone for 2~3 hours like that--> re-enter everything and boots up the phone---> voila! it works woooohoooo!---> based on true events---> no animals were hurt during the events of this story---> it didn't happen to me but happened to one of my relatives who owns a S.Ericsson Xperia 10 (well I refuse to put a security pattern because i have nothing to hide )

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information