IS there a way to delete trash in gmail? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IS there a way to delete trash in gmail?

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    shaun67 is on a distinguished road
    Level

IS there a way to delete trash in gmail?

As the title says above ..cannot delete trash when using gmail ..is there a way round this or is there a better email app ??

Thanks

shaun ps getting to grips and setting up the phone is getting easier lol..could not find how to get rid of the trash in the search feature.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience PointsOverdrive
    v300 will become famous soon enough v300 will become famous soon enough v300's Avatar
    Level
    To my knowledge the only way is to do it via your gmail account on the PC.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Yes you can delete from the trash. Start up Gmail, wait for it to finish loading, then tap menu>go to labels>scroll down to Recycle Bin, tap on it, it will show you all mail in the bin. Long press on a email will bring up a list of options, select delete.
    Last edited by Richardj; 04-28-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered
    caravanj is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardj View Post
    Yes you can delete from the trash. Start up Gmail, wait for it to finish loading, then tap menu>go to labels>scroll down to Recycle Bin, tap on it, it will show you all mail in the bin. Long press on a email will bring up a list of options, select delete.
    If it doesn't say Recycle Bin then it'll say Trash but Richard's instructions are spot on.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Thanks guys for that..worked a treat..

Shaun p.s shame you cannot have a button to select all instead of deleting one by one..

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Couchwarrior is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun67 View Post
    Thanks guys for that..worked a treat..

Shaun p.s shame you cannot have a button to select all instead of deleting one by one..
    when you go in the bin there is a button at the top saying "empty bin now" but it gets deleted after 30 days anyway

Achievements:
    Level
    Hi in my trash there is no message that says "empty bin now " i have tried deleting them all one by one but when i go back into my trash they are all back again? Any help appreciated ,surly i should not have to wait 30 days for my trash to empty !! And it's no good me going online to empty them as they are not showing up in my online pc account ??

Thanks

Achievements:
    Level
    Anyone found a solution to this yet? It is frustrating that i cannot fully delete my trash ..it does go but as soon as i go back to it ,it re-appears ...surly there must be a way !

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 548
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    I can't remember now but have you got the option ticked to permanently delete from the server on your phone and not just delete from phone
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Achievements:
    Level
    Managed to do it ...i deleted my gmail account and did another one but just use it to access market and then used my hotmail account as the default and all working and i can finally delete my trash

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information