Is there a default screen unlock code? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there a default screen unlock code?

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered
    caravanj is on a distinguished road
    Level

Is there a default screen unlock code?

I registered my Galaxy with Samsung for the mobile tracking service & to make sure it worked I tested it by doing a remote lock of the phone & it worked. The problem is I can't find the factory default codes listed anywhere & since I didn't change any of the codes it must still be set to the factory codes.

Apparently I can get the screen unlocked at a Samsung service centre but it's rldiculous not to have the factory default codes listed.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

fake Mọderator
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level
    00000000 (thats 8 0s), thats the default lock code
    .____________...___________./l、
    ...add me [= .......____________...(゚、 。 7
    .......h3artlessjerk@hotmail.com .  l、 ~ヽ
    .............._______________............... じしf_, )ノ

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by soraxd View Post
    00000000 (thats 8 0s), thats the default lock code
    It's not accepting that code but I didn't change any codes so I don't know what's happened. I would have thought the remote lock should be no different to doing a manual lock. Looks like a phone call & a trip to the Samsung centre!!
    Thanks for trying anyway.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by caravanj View Post
    It's not accepting that code but I didn't change any codes so I don't know what's happened. I would have thought the remote lock should be no different to doing a manual lock. Looks like a phone call & a trip to the Samsung centre!!
    Thanks for trying anyway.
    Nearest centre is 40 miles away so I'm not going to bother, it's back in it's box where it'll stay. I didn't want the phone anyway, it just came free with an upgrade to a much better minutes, texts & data package.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Carphonewarehouse is who Samsung tell you to take them to or you can arrange to send it to samsung for repair.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardj View Post
    Carphonewarehouse is who Samsung tell you to take them to or you can arrange to send it to samsung for repair.
    Thanks, I tried the Samsung helpline & the guy said he didn't have any information to cover my problem.
    Does the fact I locked it via SamsungDIVE remote locking make any difference?

It's a bit worrying when I didn't change the code but the factory default code doesn't work.

To be honest I don't particularly like the phone, it's like going back 20 years to carrying one that only just fits in your pocket. I'm sticking with my Sony Ericsson T715. I don't do social networking etc. I just make calls & send texts with the odd email & mobile browsing which my Sony will do anyway.

The sat nav part of the phone is ok but it's no match for a dedicated GPS unit.
    Last edited by caravanj; 04-22-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Can't you just take the tick out of the tracker Menu>settings>location and security>mobile tracker>remove tick. Doing this will turn it off.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardj View Post
    Can't you just take the tick out of the tracker Menu>settings>location and security>mobile tracker>remove tick. Doing this will turn it off.
    If only it was that simple. The keypad, (including the menu, home & back keys is locked), so I can't do anything. I locked the phone via SamsungDIVE remote locking to test that the system works.

Why lock it you may ask, well I run a business installing security systems & we always test out all the functions & codes to make sure they work so that the customer doesn't get a nasty surprise like I've had!

Anyway I don't really like Samsung phones, I've had a Samsung Jet for a couple of years & never had it out of the box.
    Last edited by caravanj; 04-22-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    A suggestion on THIS WEBSITE to reset the phone. Can't believe it would be that easy, though.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by stonkr View Post
    A suggestion on THIS WEBSITE to reset the phone. Can't believe it would be that easy, though.
    Unfortunately it isn't that simple. When I turn on the phone I'm presented with a numbers only keypad (no letters or symbols) which will only accept a 4 to 8 digit code. But many thanks for posting, it may help someone else.

After numerous attempts & a talk through by 3 Mobile I contacted Samsung via email & this is their reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Mr John ,

Thank you for contacting Samsung and I have pleasure in providing the following assistance :

Regarding your query , kindly be informed that the reset password might be 0000 or 00000000 . However , if
    the reset password does not work even if you did not change that means the software got freeze and you need
    to go to the authorized service center in order to flash the software of the phone .

If this doesnot work out , in this case you You can go to one of our authorized Service Centers in order to
    assist you with this. Please note that resetting the phone to unlock the password, will not be included in you
    warranty term, so it will be under your own cost.

Please click on the link below to guide you to the nearest Service Centre that you can go to with the Proof of
    Purchase, by just submitting your Post Code, and choosing Mobile Phones from the drop down box:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well if Samsung think I'm paying to recover the phone from what's obviously a Samsung fault since they've admitted it's frozen up, they can think again!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to caravanj For This Useful Post:

stonkr (04-24-2011)

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information