OK, had a Wave (which was great, a mini Galaxy S minus Android with an arguably better build).
Now, got a Galaxy S thanks to Mrs Yaffle and am perplexed by the Samsung Apps app.
On the Wave...
1. You get notification only if a Samsung App you have installed has been updated
2. Tapping the "x updates available" message in the app takes you to a Downloads page
3. The Downloads page shows all apps you've downloaded and shows updated apps at the top with an orange Update button next to them
That's all very logical and worked excellently.
On the Galaxy S...
1. I currently get 23 notifications - one for each Samsung App I haven't got installed, plus any I have installed that have been updated
2. Tapping the "23 updates available" message in the app takes you to a Downloads page
3. The Downloads page shows all apps you've either not downloaded or that have an update, with an orange Update button next to them
Hmmm... I know which system I prefer! The first one, as it's far more useful in case there are updates to the pre-installed apps.
Does everyone's Samsung Apps app work in this way or is mine defective? Re-installing made no difference, sadly.
Many thanks - and hello to everyone...