Parrot carkits and voice dialing - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parrot carkits and voice dialing

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    pfield69 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Parrot carkits and voice dialing

I'm looking for a car kit that works well with the Galaxy S.

I would like a Parrot as it works with my media steering wheel.

Anyone got any experience of these and how well the work with the Galaxy particularly with voice dialling because its atrocious from the phone itself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser's Avatar
    Level
    I've never tried voice dialling from the SGS or a parrot but I believe most models of parrot have their own voice dialling system so it would depend on how well that works for you rather than the phone. A friend of mine used to use a parrot very well on his old Palm Treo but he had a lot of issues with it when he first got it. It took about 3 updates before it worked properly on a brand new top of the line model of Parrot.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Couchwarrior is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I use the blueant s1 visor mount and everyone mentions how clear it is. I press a button on the s1 it beeps I say call and the name and it calls first time. Very simple and charge lasts forever. What is it that the parrot does with the steering wheel ?

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    nbarker is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have a Parrot CK3000 evolution (the one that just has a rotary selector and call/end call buttons) and it works absolutely fine with my SGS - voice dialling is a function of the Parrot unit, as you train that to recognise the name as you transfer the number to the Parrot unit via Bluetooth.

Once in recognition mode, either by pressing the green call button on the dashboard unit, or using 'magic words' to recognise 'telephone', you say the name (and if it recognises it, it will repeat the stored voice sample), then it beeps, then you say either 'home' 'cellular' 'work' for different numbers stored with that phone.

All works fine.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    Ypnos is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have the same parrot kit as nbarker and I concur - it's all good

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Mutiska is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Tring to pair my Galaxy S Firmware Version 2.3.3 with Parrot Minikit Slim Bluetooth car kit. In Bluetooth settings device is visible under Bluetooth devices. When I select pair with this device I get an audio reply "Pairing Failed" and an onscreen error message. They are supposed to be compatible.
    Parrot support telling me that I need to wipe any recognition of Parrot Minifit Slim from phone. No option in Bluetooth settings for this. When you press and hold Parrot Minikit Slim in bluetooth device listing only option that comes up is Pair & Connect.
    Is there any app available that might allow more bluetooth options than Samsungs Settings option.
    Please help!!

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    cja is on a distinguished road
    Level
    My Parrot is not a current model and I was told (by Parrot) that they had not tested the GS2, so it's all a bit 'hit & miss' whenever I use it. Sometimes the contacts synch, sometimes they don't.........

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    fla is on a distinguished road
    Level
    i have a SGS2 and a Parrot Mki 9200. Worked fine with my Nokia N95, but now when i want to initiate a voice recognition call from the Parrot controls it just opens the controls on the phone. Not ideal if the phone is in my pocket and defeats the object of having the name regonised. Perhaps i need to change some settings in the phone? Its paired with it just fine. I can also receive calls, although i often need to press the disconnect button (red) a few times to end the call. Suggestions welcomed. TIA

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 37
    EvaHill is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by someuser View Post
    I've never tried voice dialling ps3 controllers from the SGS or a parrot but I believe most models of parrot have their own voice dialling system so it would depend on how well that works for you rather than the phone. A friend of mine used to use a parrot very well on his old Palm Treo but he had wii controllers a lot of issues with it when he first got it. It took about 3 updates before it worked properly on a brand new top of xbox 360 controllers the line model of Parrot.

I tried to do this and did what it said to do and now neither controller will work. How do I fix this? Thank's for the help!

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassTagger First Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points
    chatter is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I'm having real issues with the sg2 vs parrot ck3000 evolution...the parrot was great on other phones.
    On the sg2 it activates the phone voice control overiding the parrot voice control,plus other issues.
    I'm waiting for Parrot to get back to me currently.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information