How to stop an app from updating and saving a copy of the app? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to stop an app from updating and saving a copy of the app?

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    Rallye James will become famous soon enough Rallye James's Avatar
    Level

How to stop an app from updating and saving a copy of the app?

Hi all

I've been using an app for the last few months and I don't want to install the latest update. The app in question is last.fm and the update means you need to pay a monthly subscription, when at the moment I can use it free of charge!

I don't have the auto update ticked, but it's annoying me that when I go into the market every few days I like to see what the updates are and then click 'update all', which I can't do without updating last.fm. Is there a way I can exclude it from updates?

Also, can I save a copy of this app somewhere (non updated)? I know with Fancy Widget I downloaded the old (HTC style) version on my PC, popped the app on the internal SD card and installed it and it never showed in the market and never asked to be updated
    Samsung Galaxy S | Gone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII (1) | Dead on arrival
    Samsung Galaxy SIII (2) | Marble White / 16GB / Unlocked / Rooted / WanamLite JB LH4
    Nexus 7 | Arrived and awaiting root

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Use a backup program to save the app, as for not updating, using the updating all button well
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

fake Mọderator
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level
    the only way i can think to stop it from updating, is if you go into titanium backup and find last.fm_updator.apk and uninstall it.. it may be named something different, but most likely it installed a separate updater app to update regularly, that wont show up in your app list, so you need to use a root uninstaller
    .____________...___________./l、
    ...add me [= .......____________...(゚、 。 7
    .......h3artlessjerk@hotmail.com .  l、 ~ヽ
    .............._______________............... じしf_, )ノ

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    If I remember correctly you can delete the market link in Titanium Backup, I would check but haven't reloaded it onto my phone yet
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    I'm pretty sure there is an option to "never update this app" within the market app itself.

I had the free version of SGS Info and everytime updates were available it wanted to charge me 64p or something daft. Anyway, I can't remember exactly where, but I clicked "never update this app" and it hasn't asked since, I'm still using the free version.
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information