Thread: Samsung GT-15800

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    raccoon is on a distinguished road
    Level

Samsung GT-15800

Hi everyone. I am hopeing to get some advice about my phone Samsung GT-I5800. I have bought it second hand with the manual and charger from a poor sole who needed the money. It was on T mobil but I got it unlocked so I can use it on my supplier which is o2.
    Anyway, I cannot see how to change the message ring tone to one I have got on the memory card. I dont like any of the samsung ones that are on the phone.
    One other thing is that I cannot get it to go on the web other than using the wireless part and linking it to my router in the house.
    Thanks to everyone who replies with any sort of advice.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by raccoon; 02-10-2011 at 04:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Check your APN settings, you can find them by doing a Google search or contacting O2.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 480
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    You can use an app that will change it or try this: create a folder called Notifications on the Root of your memory card and put it in there.

Mite add that your on the wrong forum for Galaxy 3, so don't try using our firmware or custom Roms as things will go bad
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    I take for granted that you have a data plan? Or your service provider allows access to their network?

As for ringtones, would it not be possible through the music player?
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 02-10-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    I am on p a y g but could access the web from my last phone. So I assume it should be ok from this one. I wont do any flashes or things like that at the moment. Cheers doomed for that. I dont know the difference in the models other than its a GT-I5800. Bought it second hand from a freind who just come back from North Africa where he bought it.
    I will pop back in a bit later after I contact o2 on the phone for detailed settings after the text ones failed from them.
    Cheers.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    APN's are different from network to network, so if your friend had used it on another network other than O2 you will need to get the correct ones for O2 to be able to use it. Your previous phone has nothing to do with this new phone not working properly.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Achievements:
    Level
    Cheers richard. I have just been on to o2 using the phone and asked for him to send me details for the problem I am having. This is the bad bit...the phone looks like it is not what it seems. Acording to the o2 chap the phone does not show up as a GT-I5800 but a maxtel, I think thats what he said. Looks like I will be getting my money back unless i can flash it as read on the forums or will that be no good.
    cheers.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is this your phone? If it is, it's not a GT-15800 it's just a samsung 15800 Galaxy 3
    Last edited by Richardj; 02-10-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 480
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardj View Post
    Is this your phone? If it is, it's not a GT-15800 it's just a samsung 15800 Galaxy 3
    Did you mean to say I9000 Galaxy S.

If not whats the difference between GT-15800 and 15800
    Last edited by Doomed; 02-10-2011 at 08:18 PM.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    raccoon says his phone is a GT-15800, but his network says it's not showing up as that, it shows up as a maxtel any ideas on that Doomed
    A 5800 was a Nokia if memory serves me right, don't think they did a GT version.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information