How to fix a damaged SD card on an Android phone without losing any data - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
Closed Thread

Thread: How to fix a damaged SD card on an Android phone without losing any data

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level

How to fix a damaged SD card on an Android phone without losing any data

Hey all, came across this article @ Techcredo.com and thought it could be useful for some people on this forum.

Have you ever gotten that mildly heartbreaking “SD card damaged / You may have to reformat it” message on your Android phone?

How to fix a damaged SD card - Article

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Henry will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Interesting post TuffToad. I've lost data twice, but after the first time I put nothing of import of my external memory card.
    Streptococcus milleri smells like Caramel!

Running Hamster 6.3 Can't recommend it enough.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    cga is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufftoad View Post
    Hey all, came across this article @ Techcredo.com and thought it could be useful for some people on this forum.

Have you ever gotten that mildly heartbreaking “SD card damaged / You may have to reformat it” message on your Android phone?

How to fix a damaged SD card - Article

That doesn't help

I have the same problem with my Galaxy S3 and SanDisk Ultra64 GB mobile SD card
    I just got the phone on Sunday and I fit in the SD, I format it, then I copy 59 GB music with Kies

My SD card was working and playing music
    I restart the phone and the SD card was gone disappeared, it doesn't mount on the phone

I did the same again, format it, copy music, fit it to the phone, the phone restarted by itself and the card gone again with message SD card damaged

I can format the card in windows PC and copy music but as soon as I restart the phone it doesn't get mounted

No happy with this card

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    This post is a year and a half old and I didn't say it was the end all and be all for all your SD problems or purchases?

These things happen, can you put the card in a PC and run a sector check or diagnostics of sorts? If there are no corrupt sectors found using the PC then the card should be in working order. You may want to try cleaning the connections but be gentle and use the right material.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Also what file system are you formatting the card with. You should be using FAT32 (I Think ). The newer version of FAT may also work (OR what ever it's called)
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Closed Thread

Thread Information