Trouble using Samsung SNS to add accounts - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble using Samsung SNS to add accounts

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    craig_b is on a distinguished road
    Level

Trouble using Samsung SNS to add accounts

Hi Guys

Is anyone else having any problems adding in a facebook or twitter account?
    My contacts stopped syncing so I removed the accounts and then attempted to add back in.
    However when I input my username and password it just tells me that "Login failed. Try later".
    Same happens to twitter too.

I can access my facebook and twitter using the android apps.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by craig_b View Post
    Hi Guys

Is anyone else having any problems adding in a facebook or twitter account?
    My contacts stopped syncing so I removed the accounts and then attempted to add back in.
    However when I input my username and password it just tells me that "Login failed. Try later".
    Same happens to twitter too.

I can access my facebook and twitter using the android apps.

Any ideas?
    If you've managed to do it before then you can do it again. It could be some sort of server problem? How did you connect Data Packet or Wifi?

How are you adding account and what firmware are you using?

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    LeeUHF is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Im getting the same damn problem, Keeps saying password is wrong but it isnt as Im entering it on the internet browser on my phone and I can use that.

Ive even tried using a different twitter app. Non of them fookin work :/

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    It happens via both wifi and my data package too.

Achievements:
    Level
    anything you guys can help with?

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience PointsOverdrive
    v300 will become famous soon enough v300 will become famous soon enough v300's Avatar
    Level
    Have you tried to clear the data from the app and reset it to default settings? I haven't experienced any problems with the facebook app at all

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    mghtbgiant is on a distinguished road
    Level
    i have a galaxy s2 and had linkedin & facebook SNS feeds set up in the social hub. then, today, i decided it was time to clean up some things and i removed the SNS feed of facebook thinking the contacts synched straight between gmail and facebook. well, there went all of my contact pics! and, now when i try to re-add the SNS feed in the hub (accounts -> add account) nothing under the social hub account types will add. i tried adding a yahoo email address that i didnt have set up on my phone and actually saw a legal accept screen from samsung social hub something or another.. and i got all excited thinking that would correct it.. nope.. no matter what i do.. LOGIN FAILED TRY LATER.. maybe it will fix itself in a week.. point is.. i had it working, and now it doesnt. im the type of person that gets irritated beyond all belief at something so trivial as this. i COULD wait to try later.. BUT IT WAS JUST WORKING!! ive spent about 7 hours today researching and trying various "solutions" to no avail. ive cleared data from SNS apps. uninstalled facebook. removed all (facebook & linkedin) SNS accounts (and now i cant add ANY of them back). i tried adding my wifes facebook to the phone and it didnt like that either since there has been mention of there being some reason a once-linked account will stop linking to the already defined account.. so people are creating dummy accounts to trick it or whatnot.. im so frustrated.......................

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by v300 View Post
    I haven't experienced any problems with the facebook app at all
    if you have facebook in your SNS feed in social hub, i dare you do remove the account and try to re-add it.

and, the facebook android app, it seems for everybody experiencing the issue, works flawlessly.. its the SNS feed portion that syncs facebook contacts with phonebook contacts that is the issue..
    Last edited by mghtbgiant; 06-11-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    "FIXED!!!"

alright.. i have the fix.. envision adding an account to the social hub is like calling into the ticketmaster box office a minute before your concert tickets go on sale.. how did i fix the problem?!? i tried.. and re-tried.. and re-tried.. and re-tried.. Login Failed. Try Later.. re-tried.. re-tried.. Login Failed. Try Later. re-tried.. wash lather rinse repeat.. Login Failed. Try Later.. and then BAM.. it connected..

WWHAA??! yes. that was it. i tried back to back to back repeatedly for probably 20 minutes. i could not tell you how many times i actually clicked the "Log In" button. it was a LOT.. sometimes it would fail instantly.. other times it would go like it was thinking for about 20 seconds and then fail. however, i brute-forced my way through and its all back up and running! SOOooo glad i didnt hard-reset. also, after i FINALLY got the facebook account to add into social hub, i tried adding my linkedin account back in, and it worked the first time.

i have no idea what hurdles samsung puts these accounts through via their own servers etc.. in any case.. my guess is that there is a SEVERE disconnect on their end. so, in the meantime.. if at first you dont succeed.. try try try try try try try try try try try ......................... try try try again..

hope this helps.. what a NIGHTMARE!

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Jdean1967 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Having exactly the same issue here. After I changed Facebook password - social hub login for Facebook won't recognise new password. I've tried 20 times as with previous poster. Not working yet

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jdean1967 For This Useful Post:

acidsquare (07-01-2011)

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information