Battery woes - Battery completely discharging during the night - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battery woes - Battery completely discharging during the night

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    TNT is on a distinguished road
    Level

Battery woes - Battery completely discharging during the night

I charged by phone to 100% before going to to bed last night, at some point during the night the battery managed to completely discharge itself. I use my phone as my alarm clock, so i was very lucky to get to work on time, as my alarm never went off.

Is anyone else having similar issues with there Galaxy S?

I am running the following stock loadware (if that makes any diference)

I9000XXXF1

I checked on app killer that no GPS apps, or the WI-FI was switched on before going to bed, so I am at a loss to explain sudden battery death.

I have read through the battery life forum, and had already implemented many of the reccomendations.

Any help will be appreciated, if the battery keeps discharging, then the phone goes back to the shop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs's Avatar
    The only thing I can think is you must have had some a lot of applications open. Remember it has multitasking so close all applications before you go to sleep and the battery should be fine. Also try putting it into flightmode. Maybe where the
    phone is place when you sleep has low signal strength? Or the phone is constantly searching for 3G. Flight mode would stop this.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 Octacore
    My IP address | LG G2 Forum

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic's Avatar
    Level
    Have you happened to use Wifi Tethering? There is a bug for 2.1 when you started using Tethering, it will start draining your battery even if you turn it off, the only way to stop it is to reboot phone.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy I9100 Unlocked/ Rooted
    Network: O2 UK
    Baseband version: I9100XXLPQ

Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thaks for the updates. I did check my runnig programmes before going to bed, and there was nothing battery intensive. I will try the flight mode and see if that makes any difference.

On the second day I had the phone. I had an issue where the phone got very warm, and the battery just driained away. I will give the phone one more chance, if it discharges again, I will take it back with a fault.

I had an IPAQ PDA (back in the day) which used to do something similar, the unit would get warm, and the battery would just discharge. No ryhme nor reason, just because it could. (That cuased no end of swearing)

Licking windows
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker's Avatar
    Level
    I know this is cumbersome, but could you provide us with a list of everything you have installed on your phone, and also which widgets you are using on your desktops?

Then we could weed out which apps/widgets could be causing this and you could try uninstalling those apps and widgets to find the culprit.
    Samsung Galaxy S ::: Insanity ROM ::: SanDisk 32GB microSD card

Licking windows
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker's Avatar
    Level
    And also, if you have a task killer that kills tasks automatically, this might be the root of your problem because Android will keep reloading tasks and the task killer will keep killing them, resulting in many unnecessary processor cycles and leading to battery drain.
    Samsung Galaxy S ::: Insanity ROM ::: SanDisk 32GB microSD card

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points31 days registered
    sammy is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Yes i think automatic task killers are a waste of time,just use the ones that tweak androids built in task killers settings ie minfreemanager and autokiller

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10's Avatar
    Level
    Kill apps. Turn off sync and switch to 2G. I lost just 1% battery all day while I was asleep and still recieved texts etc (working nights)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks for all your replies. It looks like it was the application killer that murdered my battery. After reading the responses, I removed the advance app killer application. Charged the phone before going to sleep last night, and this morning, the battery monitor was showing a nice healthy battery (about 90%), but that was with 3G switched on.

The battery on the Samsung does not seem to be as good as my old Iphone 3G, but this may be because I am playing with the phone more, as the SGS screen is just fantastic, the colours are so vibrant.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser is a jewel in the rough someuser's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Thanks for all your replies. It looks like it was the application killer that murdered my battery. After reading the responses, I removed the advance app killer application. Charged the phone before going to sleep last night, and this morning, the battery monitor was showing a nice healthy battery (about 90%), but that was with 3G switched on.

The battery on the Samsung does not seem to be as good as my old Iphone 3G, but this may be because I am playing with the phone more, as the SGS screen is just fantastic, the colours are so vibrant.
    It's actually better than the Iphone 3G but it takes quite a few charge/discharge cycles to get there and as you said, you are playing with your phone a lot when it's new. Be patient and you will love the battery life compared to your Iphone 3G eventually.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information