Thread: Emergency Calls Only

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points
    Rangerboots is on a distinguished road
    Level

Exclamation Emergency Calls Only

Day 2.5 with my galaxy. I have spent hours trying to get it working right. Latest is that it seems I can only make emergency calls....That message is at the top of my home page, on the pull down message, and when i phone myself from my home phone I go directly to voice mail. I have gone into settings, nothing there that would cause or change it back. Any one help with this one. I am ticking them off one by one, next is trying to sync music...but that can wait.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points
    itsnoiphone will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Did this just start? Or have you never been able to make calls?

Achievements:
    Level
    I have figured this out after hours of frustration..........this device is appearing more like a beta product to me....my sim card some how became dislodged..........it might have been when i threw it out the window maybe.......(that is a joke)...Seriously seems more like a beta product to me. I am able to make a phone call, to check an email.......my computer does not recognize my phone, thinks its a camera.....I can not sync music....every feature I have tried so far has not worked. I do not have enough hours in a day to make this work. I may be venting here folks, but the internet is full of voices like mine. I discovered that while trying to fix my next problem....that is finding out how to get my computer to recognize the phone as a phone and not a camers. (SIGH)
    Last edited by Rangerboots; 01-03-2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: I fixed the problem

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerboots View Post
    I have figured this out after hours of frustration..........this device is appearing more like a beta product to me....my sim card some how became dislodged..........it might have been when i threw it out the window maybe.......(that is a joke)...Seriously seems more like a beta product to me. I am able to make a phone call, to check an email.......my computer does not recognize my phone, thinks its a camera.....I can not sync music....every feature I have tried so far has not worked. I do not have enough hours in a day to make this work. I may be venting here folks, but the internet is full of voices like mine. I discovered that while trying to fix my next problem....that is finding out how to get my computer to recognize the phone as a phone and not a camers. (SIGH)
    lol - hello again Rangerboots,

Truely the SGS is being a pain in the neck for you. lol

Firstly, download the official samsung software known as kies;
    CLICK HERE - Download and install

Next, Sometimes theres problems with kies and usb drivers,
    CLICK HERE Download as a free user and install, continue with replacing existing drivers.

Then connect your phone and kies should pick it up as a phone through kies as well as your home pc. allowing you to photo/audio/video sync, as well as other backup operations such as contacts/calendar backup.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thank you......there must some advantage to venting. It does give me new life and i discovered all that you have mentioned last night and did managed to sync some music. I will head back to that feature a little later just to be sure that it was not a sympathy gimme. But I have had to return to factory setting three times now and that is getting a little annoying. Anyway, progress is being make.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz's Avatar
    Level
    WOW! 3x factory resetting! thats defiantly not good.
    I would personally give back the handset and ask for a new one to be honest, due to the problems your having, you should only have had to do the factory reset once, and if that didnt fix it, something is a miss!
    Could have just been a bad one you were given!

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    When you say "Sync Music" - I just use my phone in mass storage mode and drag'n'drop the mp3's over
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points
    adzifa is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi ... I have a problem with no network (Emergency Call Only) on my Sgs, I install, update, revert and nearly format my Sgs phone. I remove and put other Sim card it work(show network). I put back my O2 SIM it show me (Emergency Call Only). Finally I go to Settings/Location and Security/Set up SIM card lock/Lock SIM card ... I removed Sim 'lock pin' then network provider come back (appear). Now you can switch back to lock or unlock. Hope it help ... PS: sorry my English

10. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information