I'm quite a novice at organizing all the necessary software and settings on my new Galaxy S (got it just a few days ago).
After reading up in the forums, decided to sync my outlook contacts using Kies.
1. Downloaded the latest Kies version to my PC.
2. Connected my Galaxy with the USB cable.
3. Kies recognises my phone. Seemed pretty easy and straightforward until this point.
4. Pressed the contacts/outlook sync button.
5. What happened is that the few contacts I had on the phone were copied into my outlook BUT all outlook contacts were not copied back into the Galaxy.
6. After a few trials of adding/changing/deleting contacts on the phone and on the Galaxy, seems that what is happening is a one way "sync" (if you can call that a sync): any changes made to a contact on the Galaxy will appear in the parallel contact in outlook after the sync, but changes made to that same contact on outlook will not copy back to the Galaxy. And of course, I still have a pile of contacts on my outlook that never made it into the Galaxy.
Thought there might be some setting in Kies that I've overlooked, but can't seem to find it.
Any help will be much appreciated,