+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Washing Machine recovery

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    goozer321 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Washing Machine recovery

Hey

Thought I'd share some good news - was trying to remember where I'd left my phone on Saturday morning after a heavy Friday night, when I heard an ominous "Thunk, thunk" from the washing machine. Yep, there was my phone at the bottom of the washing completely submerged in water at the start of the spin cycle.

I dried it as best I could, took everything off I could and put it in a bowl of rice in the airing cupboard and checked it today - working like nothing happened!!

The best part is I would almost have left it on the night before, and if it had a decent battery life and been on when it was washed it would certainly have been frazzled! As it was, the battery had ran out (it never lasts a full day) and it was turned off and survived. Hooray for rubbish battery life!

Did I mention that? It survived!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    omg you jammy git
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

Administrator Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs's Avatar
    Wow that is pretty amazing that its alive after a a wash like that. The best thing you did was not try and power it on when its still wet. Thats the worse thing. But many people do that and as a result the phone shorts out the electronics inside. A family member was pushed in the pool in summer with their on them mobile. I told them to dry it out and whatever they do, not to put the battery in it for a few days. 2 days later they tried it and it was working fine!

Doesn't work every time but it defiantly helps!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 Octacore
    My IP address | LG G2 Forum

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    BigIan is on a distinguished road
    Level
    lucky guy!!

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Preee will become famous soon enough Preee will become famous soon enough Preee's Avatar
    Level
    My wife did the same with her Samsung Monti , it was powered on. It completed the Full cycle before she went looking for it haha , anyway dried it out over a few days and to my amazement it powered up and still works to this day ---lucky for her lo
    Add me on Google+
    Work to live not live to work
    ICS 4.4.2 , 16gb + 32gb Samsung (10)
    G900G S5

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information