Downloading....Do not turn off Target!!! - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Downloading....Do not turn off Target!!!

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    Rudi is on a distinguished road
    Level

Downloading....Do not turn off Target!!!

Ok, I decided to update my phone to Froyo today through the latest version of Kies, the firmware downloads but when it comes to upgrading, it doesn't proceed, instead, my USB device apparently becomes unrecognised and the whole thing stops. Meanwhile, I restarted my phone and loaded up Kies again in attempt to try it, apparently, I had to recover the firmware or something of that sort and Kies told me to hold DOWN + MENU + POWER to get into the recovery mode. When pressing those buttons, I get the the same "Download...Do not turn off Target!!!" message instead.

Loading up "recovery mode" by pressing UP + MENU + POWER works fine though so I don't know what recovery mode Kies is talking about. Any help with upgrading to Froyo would be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. The phone also works fine after restarting.
    Last edited by Rudi; 11-28-2010 at 10:28 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    Sean2476 will become famous soon enough Sean2476 will become famous soon enough
    Level
    If you have any lag fixes applied then disable them, this is imperative. Back up all your contacts etc then do a factory reset via settings - privacy - factory reset. Then offer your phone to kies again for an update. Its always best [in my opinion] to do the factory data reset before installing new firmware/ upgrading. If this doesn't work then Goots has made a simple user guide to upgrade via Odin.

Junior Member rinorace is on a distinguished road
    I have the sameproblem on a brand-new SGS.
    the device has Android 2.1 natively, so after recharging battery and installing the latest Kies, I try to upgrade to Froyo.
    I am stuck at the android boy digging with the message "Downloading..Do not turn off Target!!"

Any idea on how to proceed??

Thanks a lot!

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz's Avatar
    Level
    Hey guys,

If its USB unrecognised, download THIS and re-install over your existing drivers, disconnect your phone first, once the installation is complete, reconnect the phone first in normal mode, make sure all drivers are installed, then try in download mode, i.e "Menu + Power + Down" - Android digging screen, drivers should hopefully be found and wait until everything is installed. Try the recovery through kies, but if you can, try a fresh install via kies.

Like sean2476 says, if this doesnt work, you can always try GOOTS GUIDE
    Last edited by Pidz; 12-21-2010 at 06:41 PM.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information