How to delete a Google Account - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to delete a Google Account

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    robertandrews is on a distinguished road
    Level

How to delete a Google Account

*Sigh*.

I now want to delete a second Google Account I had added (purely for Checkout - it's not used by Mail, Calendar etc). This is Froyo.

But the Accounts settings tell me the only way to get it off is to do a Factory Reset.

*Sigh*. Really? Anyone got a workaround to get rid of it?

If not, what's the optimal Factory Reset option to lose as little as possible?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Level
    i wonder - can i delete the account if I first remove any applications that have been downloaded via it? Is that even how things work? I have already removed the only pay-for app on the phone that was bought using this secondary Google Account, but still no dice. Is it the case that free apps on the phone might be owned by either my Google Accounts in particular?

Achievements:
    Level
    Because, thing is, there is apparently a method whereby you can go in to Manage Applications > Google Apps (and Manage Applications > Checkin Services) and Clear Data there...

But, since upgrading to Froyo, I no longer have such options as Google Apps in Manage Applications!

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    Can you not go Menu > Settings > Accounts and Sync > [your google account] > Remove account ??

It warns you that it will remove all associated data, but it does remove the account completely.
    Google Nexus 4 Android 5 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered3 months registered
    sleeco will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by robertandrews View Post
    Because, thing is, there is apparently a method whereby you can go in to Manage Applications > Google Apps (and Manage Applications > Checkin Services) and Clear Data there...

But, since upgrading to Froyo, I no longer have such options as Google Apps in Manage Applications!
    Hi, once you are in manage applications, at the top of window are four boxes, click on ALL, scroll to Gmail, and it gives you the option to clear cache in Gmail.
    Brian.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information