Handcent app - setting individual text alert sounds - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Handcent app - setting individual text alert sounds

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points3 months registered
    funkylady61 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Handcent app - setting individual text alert sounds

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set through the Handcent app individual text alerts for different people i.e. if number 1 son texts me he will have a bell sound and if number 2 son texts he will have a horn, I hope you understand.

If you are able to do this can you explain how I would go about this, thanks
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Network - Vodafone UK
    Firmware - I9000XXJF3
    Quadrant Benchmark - 900

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by funkylady61 View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set through the Handcent app individual text alerts for different people i.e. if number 1 son texts me he will have a bell sound and if number 2 son texts he will have a horn, I hope you understand.

If you are able to do this can you explain how I would go about this, thanks
    No, you're not able to do this Handcent SMS just gives you the possibility to assign a custom notification tone. But not to every contact, but for all notifications.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    HappyH will become famous soon enough HappyH's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySoul View Post
    No, you're not able to do this Handcent SMS just gives you the possibility to assign a custom notification tone. But not to every contact, but for all notifications.
    For me, Open handcent, open a text thread from e.g. son 1. The thread opens up, top left of screen has phone icon to call them, contact name then top right has a settings icon. Press settings icon & Personalization pops up, choose Notification settings. If I change Notification Sound to 'a bell' then choose Test Notification the bell sounds. If I follow the same process for son 2 & set up a horn when I press Test Notification the horn sounds. So I believe Handcent does have the facility you're looking. I've just checked it on my phone (Froyo & Handcent SMS 3.3.1) & on receiving texts from son 1 & 2 I get the bell and the horn respectively, defo works ok for me.
    HH.
    Samsung Galaxy S Darky's v8.0 Gingerbread Edition JPY, Rooted & Voodoo Lagfix.
    Unbranded on T Mobile UK.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HappyH For This Useful Post:

DirtySoul (11-27-2010)

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyH View Post
    For me, Open handcent, open a text thread from e.g. son 1. The thread opens up, top left of screen has phone icon to call them, contact name then top right has a settings icon. Press settings icon & Personalization pops up, choose Notification settings. If I change Notification Sound to 'a bell' then choose Test Notification the bell sounds. If I follow the same process for son 2 & set up a horn when I press Test Notification the horn sounds. So I believe Handcent does have the facility you're looking. I've just checked it on my phone (Froyo & Handcent SMS 3.3.1) & on receiving texts from son 1 & 2 I get the bell and the horn respectively, defo works ok for me.
    HH.
    Oh, really! Didn't notice that! Thank you

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information