Opening Email attachments???? How?????? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opening Email attachments???? How??????

Opening Email attachments???? How??????

Hiya Ive just sent an Email to someone that wants some pictures off my computer. With the email I had to send the photos as attachments which were in jpeg format. However they do have long filenames. So when this person recieved the email he was unable to open the attachments. Why is this???? Please help!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    I think you might need a forum more directed towards IT solutions. Most probably something on his computer. If you can open the pics on your PC and he can't on his.....

I say this as I have had no troubles. From what you said it sounds like you're not even sending e-mails from your SGS.
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 11-19-2010 at 12:02 AM.

The thing what Iw as trying to say is I typed him an email from my computer which had 2 picture (JPEG) files as attachments now when he went on the internet on his galaxy phone he could read the email but not open the attachments!!! Now could it be that the filenames for them are too long or cannot the samsung galaxy open JPEG files???? Please Help!!!! What picture files does the galaxy accept????

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by martindean32 View Post
    The thing what Iw as trying to say is I typed him an email from my computer which had 2 picture (JPEG) files as attachments now when he went on the internet on his galaxy phone he could read the email but not open the attachments!!! Now could it be that the filenames for them are too long or cannot the samsung galaxy open JPEG files???? Please Help!!!! What picture files does the galaxy accept????
    Hey, stop panicking It does see JPEG images. Try again. Nobody has such problems.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by martindean32 View Post
    From what you are saying, you don't seem to fully grasp IT. Your friend can't open the attachment so the problem lies with him, and the variety of combinations his PC could have. The long file names shouldn't really be a problem, unless you are using quite a dated PC / Software.

As for the SGS, it is a smart phone and has HD capabilities. Therefore it should be more than up to speed to handle a variety of different media files, static or motion.

edit: Try converting/compressing the picture and then sending / Put it in a .zip file???

The answer you are looking for is: Get your friend to ask for help, this would be quicker.
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 11-19-2010 at 03:36 AM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information