How to transfer contacts - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to transfer contacts

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    MikeDirnt78 is on a distinguished road
    Level

How to transfer contacts

Hi All,

I just got this piece of wonderful handphone today. I really need help as i got a fustrating and hard time doing some basic things. So first of all please pardon me because this is my first Android phone after i last used a SE P1i for 3 years!

I got some contacts under windows contact. How do i transfer the *.vcf files into the handphone? I dont have outlook so i cant sync! Kies open file can only open 1 contact at a time. I wish to drag and drop the files into the internal memory of the phone. I dont have memory card at the moment. Which directory should i store to?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic's Avatar
    Level
    The best way is to import your *.vcf to your gmail account. Once it is imported, it will sync to your phone automatically. Just make sure you are import to the same google account as you registere in your phone.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy I9100 Unlocked/ Rooted
    Network: O2 UK
    Baseband version: I9100XXLPQ

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    thanks i read about syncing with the gmail. ie calendar, etc

yes i have a gmail account. i will try that later

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    tenmantaylor is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I got them onto the SGS by just putting in my old sim card and then choosing the option in contacts to "import from SD". I didn't even have an SD card in so Im assuming this checks the sim too. Came in perfect!

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tenmantaylor View Post
    I got them onto the SGS by just putting in my old sim card and then choosing the option in contacts to "import from SD". I didn't even have an SD card in so Im assuming this checks the sim too. Came in perfect!
    i believe the contacts stored on sim card is limited to a single number? thats why i have never stored contacts in sim card

anyway organizing under google contacts is a good thing. lol i am still familiarizing with the interface!

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    tenmantaylor is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Yea, once I synced my googlemail account it brought in all the email contacts and gives me the option of joining all the duplicates. Clever stuff!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul's Avatar
    Level
    I always back up my contacts like that - just exporting them to the internal sd memory. After flashing, it's easy to import them back.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered
    ambergina is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Easiest way is to use Google to transfer your contacts. It will automatically add them to any other android phone you are logged in to. As for Android phone and handphone view, there's not much you can do other than go back to an handphone.
    Last edited by ambergina; 04-07-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Another 2 year old thread you've dragged up - Keeping my eye on you as a future spammer in the making
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Can't they make corned beef instead
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information