Adding music to my phone? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding music to my phone?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Degeneration-X is on a distinguished road
    Level

Adding music to my phone?

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I received my phone a few weeks ago and finally managed to get round to try adding music. I tried plugging the USB cable that came with the phone into the PC but it wouldnt pick up the phone - I then tried it via my laptop but it still didnt work. It could be that the cable is broken (I highly doubt it though)

Can I just say that im a complete novice when it comes to Smart phones (this is my first!). Is there something glaringly obvious that im missing?

Thanks

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    extremekhaos has a spectacular aura about extremekhaos has a spectacular aura about extremekhaos's Avatar
    Level
    Er. Should have posted this in the "help section".

Anyways, maybe you can tell us what version your phone is running. By pressing, Applications > Settings > About Phone, under Build Number, what does it say? This may help.

But otherwise, when you plug your phone in, your phone should prompt you what you want to do: Samsung Kies, Media Player, Mass Storage. Select mass storage. Alternatively, you can set it to do that every time u plug it via USB by going to your settings. If you have a newer firmware, you can find it under Wireless and Network > USB Settings.

Once your phone loads as "mass storage", your computer should begin adding the driver then you can view it like a USB stick. Add music into the Media folder. If there isn't one, just make one.
    Galaxy S | I9000XXJPU | Hardcore's K10K

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    Hi again,

Firstly sorry for not posting in the right section - doh! - will try to do so in future

Under build number it says: eclair.bojg3

When I plug in my phone the USB symbol comes up on the top left. When I open the symbol it says USB connected - there is no prompt to do anything. The PC also doesnt pick it up as a device (hope that makes sense) in the notification area

Achievements:
    Level
    I think im starting to get somewhere!!

I managed to change the setting to mass storage and finally the PC seem to be picking the phone up.

2 new removable discs have appeared when I click on 'my computer' - when i click on either of them, all it says is 'please insert disc into drive i / j'. I cant seem to enter them in order to be able to add my music files

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    It sounds like you don't have the windows drivers installed for the phone, so the computer doesn't know what to do when you connect it.

If you have 64bit Windows, download and install THIS.

If you have 32bit Windows, download and install THIS.

Note - Make sure the phone isn't connected when you install the drivers, then once they have fully installed, connect the phone again and select Mass Storage, and it *should* work. Hopefully.
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information