The power button - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The power button

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level

The power button

Lately my power button seems to have a mind all of its own.

Sometimes it works, most the time it doesn't ie: when I want to lock the phone to if I long press to try and get the off button.

Seems to work ok when I power on.

Has anyone else experienced this, I thinking it could be a bug with the firmware I'm on (JPK) but its weird its taken so long to show if it is.

Just hoping its not a hardware fault as then I'll have to go back to a lesser phone
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    Hey Doomed, don't know if this is related, I'm on JPM.

When I bring up the task manager (long press the home button) I have the 6 most recently used apps come up, but underneath that I have a button called "Data network mode". Of course I had to press it to try it out, but when I did, my power button went nuts. Sometimes dimmed the screen, sometimes didn't. Sometimes brought up the shutdown menu, sometimes just shut the phone down without asking. Sometimes did nothing at all. I took the battery out and rebooted the phone and the power button worked as it should after that.

Needless to say I won't be hitting that "Data network mode" button again. Not until I burn the new firmware tomorrow night anyway
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    I may have done that But battery out doesn't work for me but it's working fine at the moment

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    sn00pking is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomed View Post
    Lately my power button seems to have a mind all of its own.

Sometimes it works, most the time it doesn't ie: when I want to lock the phone to if I long press to try and get the off button.

Seems to work ok when I power on.

Has anyone else experienced this, I thinking it could be a bug with the firmware I'm on (JPK) but its weird its taken so long to show if it is.

Just hoping its not a hardware fault as then I'll have to go back to a lesser phone
    Nope, i didnt have that problem when i was on JPK, im not too certain but i'd put a 90% bet its a software issue!! maybe its coz of lagfix or some other hack that made it go haywire

Achievements:
    Level
    Well it's only been Rooted at the moment. It's only annoying when I want to lock the screen before I put it in my pocket but I can live with that for now until I re-flash and the phone only gets turned off every so often but if it doesn't work then I'll just pull the battery.

Just waiting for Samsung to release Android 2.2 officially before I update just to make sure I have the latest version As long as its not to long await

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information