Why am I using so much data? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why am I using so much data?

Why am I using so much data?

Hi you lovely people... Could I have something running as it is literally eating all my data allowance, I am on orange.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz's Avatar
    Level
    Hello Typetalkjane,

you can always turn your data off by sliding the notification bar down and tapping on the data icon to turn it off.
    You may have some widgets on your pages which are requiring updates, but even so, the average data usage allowance is 500MB, which is hard to do.
    If something is on in the background you can kill it with "Advanced task killer" (ATK) very good app, found in the market.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    Not everyone has that "Data" icon in the notification bar, it will depend on which firmware version you are running.
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul's Avatar
    Level
    Hm.. Do you people have the "data" toggle in the notification bar? I have to long press the power button to access it.

I use the Smoda widget form the market, nice app, better than Apndroid.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz is a splendid one to behold Pidz's Avatar
    Level
    I assume typetalkjane is on orange branded firmware, the data toggle button is on both releases of firmware from orange, unless she is not orange branded, long press also does the trick.
    Also from settings > Wireless and network > mobile networks > data connection - you can tap to turn off/on.
    If you dont have either of the above you can enter: *#*#4636#*#* then Phone information, press left soft key to access extra settings, then "more", then either enable or disable data connection.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information