SER product/Sales Code - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SER product/Sales Code

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,067
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level

SER Product/Sales Code

Hi all, I have had my Galaxy S since the beginning of July and it is just a great phone.
    When I first got the phone it was on JF3 firmware and after reading about a firmware update to JM1 I thought I would give it a go, anyway when I connected phone to kies it said this version could not be updated which I thought was a bit strange as it is unbranded and sim unlocked.
    I did A bit more research and found the sales code hack *#272*HHmm# and selected XEU and tapped install, so far so good until I connected to kies and it said this version cannot be updated.
    I then found the registry hack and changed the product code to XEU and in DEVCONINFO PRD to XEU, did this with kies running and phone connected and kies found the firmware update all good, but when I now connect the phone to kies and go into the registry it shows the product code and the PRD as SER. Does any one know what SER stands for and why it is showing SER and not XEU

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Richardj; 10-11-2010 at 07:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    SER is United Kingdom o2 network.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Hi Goots, Thanks for your reply
    That's strange as the phone came from Orange UK. Have you any idea why this should have happened?
    This is what it say's on the phone
    Version
    PDA : I9000XXJM1
    Phone : I9000XXJM1
    CSC : I9000OXAJM1

This is what it say's in the Registry

DEVCONINFO MN(GT-I9000);VER(I9000XXJM1/I9000OXAJM1/I9000XXJM1/I9000XXJM1);HIDVER(I9000XXJM1/I9000OXAJM1/I9000XXJM1/I9000XXJM1);
    PRD(GT-I9000HKDSER);SN();IMEI(***************);PN(******* ****);CON(AT,MTP,MTP);LOCK(FALSE)#OK#

Product Code GT-I9000HKDSER
    Last edited by Richardj; 10-12-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    Hmm no idea

I got the information from THIS LINK if you fancy a bit of a read.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hi Goots,
    When I do *#272*xxxx# on the phone it shows XEU
    So XEU is for the following - UK & IRE (O2 UK, Orange UK, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Vodafone UK, TESCO, BT Mobile, H3G, Asda, O2 IRL, Vodafone IE, Meteor, H3G IE, Tesco Mobile Ireland) thats ok.

I wonder why its showing SER in the Product/PRD Code with in the registry, do you think this is to do with the phone or something to do with how kies identifies the phone?

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information